Honestly, I don't know how and I don't want to take risks

D

Devspuch

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Risk

Sometimes the biggest risk we can take is to say no.

newelis74

newelis74

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course! I take risks all the time ... I only try to correct the ones that are unnecessary but many of them lead me to gain confidence knowing that sometimes taking risk is the RIGHT thing to do

newelis74

newelis74

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course! I take risks all the time ... I only try to correct those that are unnecessary but many of them lead me to gain confidence knowing that sometimes taking risks is the RIGHT thing to do

But be careful, let's not take too many risks with banking! haha

I

icaroferrarini

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For sure! We have to be plan, study, make important analysis and understand if the risk are valuable. AA allin pre flop is a risk? yes, but you have to take it! ahahah 7 2 pre flop allin is a risk? a lot, so dont risk. easy like that. ahahha

D

DenGybka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It should be understood that those who do not take risks do not drink juice. But it is also worthwhile to understand that by risking you can lose everything. If we take your situation, I would risk it.

A

aixacarl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the stake is not much to lose, if I take the risk. For example, when I am in tournaments and my chips are almost ready to eliminate me, I risk playing cards that in a good position I would not play.

P

pablo lima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in all poker tournaments I always take risks I believe this is part of the game

S

sn0112

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've seen that pop-up, from the original post, and found it a bit sneaky/underhand.

It's going after someone's base (degen) instincts when they are in a euphoric mood having just won a difficult SNG :mad:

It's another example of poker sites slowly creeping into gambling games/targeting casual players.

If you've just won against 8 or 9 opponents using stategy, logic, probability assessment etc. then why give it away for a complete flip.

Besides, its a flip where you don't even know the odds. It may not even be 50/50 as its a computer generated outcome.

I hope that the majority of people manage to resist it - whichever boardroom suit at ACR designed it doesn't deserve vindication for 'increasing the bottom line' :mad:

Last edited:
fruittree

fruittree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker and gambling is a game of risk. Not a bank account. Nothing is guaranteed.

NUGGEETTEE

NUGGEETTEE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stock market is a bigger game than poker. It can be much more rewarding or killer

thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Played a $1.65 buy in and won $1.00 in KOs. I flipped for it because I hadn't won yet. I wanted to either win or lose, not get back part of my buy in. I won the flip, so I profited $0.35 in the tournament! That was my first buy in tournament that I won money! Does it still count? I haven't flipped again.

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't want to, thank you very much.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Completely dependent on how well I'm running at the particular moment but obviously I must be running OK since I have the win. Risk not Want not.

L

lusquinha2020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
rarely, i always play safe

C

chinito2410

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learn a lot with your 30 days courses, today i put in practice some lessons, how THE AGRESSION and i play very well today

Cristhian

Cristhian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm very risky when I play low limits.
I'm sure it's because of the short time, but I love the adrenaline.

Dimission

Dimission

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes actually this is my pitfall when i play freerolls. With a lot more rest, i would get much further in the free tournaments.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker is a game of many things. risks is a part of game i guess. anyone take a risk at least once in a session hahaha

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even if its 50/50 it's a 0 EV play. 0 EV plays add nothing to your win rate but they do add to your variance.

EvaQueen777

EvaQueen777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh no oh yes

Very often, when I take a risk, I lose (so there is very little to risk. I think so. And if the risk is of course justified. As we Russians say, who does not take risks, he does not drink champagne)):elefant:

J

Jim_Saras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems like everyone defines "risk" in a very different way in their minds. So yeah I take risks. Or hmm waait I don't.