Do you consider yourself a winning poker player?

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Greetings!
Do you consider yourself a successful poker player and what level of the game do you think you are at?

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You either are or you aren't....look at your bank balance.

What you consider yourself to be (if not supported by your withdrawal being higher than your deposits) is ego and thus irrelevant.

I am successful, there can be no doubt (I looked at my bank balance) but that doesn't mean I'm a good poker player.
Depending on what I want to achieve demands which percentage of my range I play. That together with seat position.

So giving a direct answer to your question.

Yes, I'm a successful poker player but I tend to enjoy trapping...which isn't playing optimally.
A contradiction being I read well, and might know when a player is shoving blind with crap...but I'm not mad enough to call all of my stack off to compete.

This makes me a bad player in the eyes of any gambler...some will think "why the hell are you even playing if you don't shove UTG with 44".
But I ignore those who think that way.... they're crap players!.

Hopefully, that satisfied your question.

idhemmy

idhemmy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I have played poker for some time, and I continue to improve my strategic thinking ,while I have achieved some success, I believe there is always room to learn and grow