Do you consider yourself a poker addict?

A

AllOut

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Addicted means that you're just degenere gambler who can't get out off tables, loses and borrows money?

A

AllOut

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
VERY good comments and question.
I am definitely addicted. But I am addicted to freeroll playing like crazy. I will play a freeroll for 2.5 hours for 50 cents. Well I used to before everything changed for Ontario players on most of the sites. But for sure I am addicted to the CC freerolls. The thought of NOT playing for the chance of a free $10 - $25 dollars daily hurts. I have scaled back quite a bit. I used to schedule my life around the freerolls and now I will let life happen and hopefully I am available to play the freerolls. I still manage 1-5 of the daily freerolls a week. But in saying that I will still schedule life around many of the bigger freerolls that CC offers.
hi mate, I don't think you're addicted, you just love the game so you spend some time enjoy playing daily freerolls. It would better be labeled as - having fun. No?

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No. Not after 2016. I was for at least eight years though. More in love than addicted though.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't lose money at it but lately I have been playing poker on a laptop using mobile hotspot of cell phone (cardschat daily freeroll) while operating farm machinery like the swather and combine during harvest so I think I qualify. I have to use a all in or fold strategy and one day I actually got second in the tourney that way!

W

whitetailbuck10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
hi mate, I don't think you're addicted, you just love the game so you spend some time enjoy playing daily freerolls. It would better be labeled as - having fun. No?
Having fun, but I feel the "need" to play every day so how about a "Having Fun Addict" label....... hahahaha

B

BrunoFabri01

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
at first, yes, I played only with chips, just for playing, without any kind of prize, at that time I spent the early hours playing and in the morning I had to go to school, as the years went by I started to regulate myself more and so I increased my game quality

K

KING1805

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
No, not at all. I only play in the evenings and at weekends when I have free time. I always play with the amount of money that I am not scared to lose.

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i am very addicted to poker and sports betting fortunetaly i won money with it =)

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker has never been an obstacle for me in my personal life. On the contrary, poker has made me more disciplined and more consistent. For me personally, poker is only positive.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nope, but other people do. Nobody believes I make money, everyone thinks I am a gambler who is losing his shirt, the more I protest the more they don’t believe me.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
as in every sport in life, we always have to be balanced when playing, everything in excess is harmful, that's why in poker in particular I like to give a certain amount of hours and not overdo it, we must not fall into the addition because in the long run you will lose a lot.

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
it is easy to recognize if one is addicted to poker, first knowing your limits, Rome wasn't built in one day, so you win some you lose some, having a bad day take a break, bankroll management, dot let poker consume all of your free time, manage your time efficiently, set a schedule for poker, have your on and off days

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
No, also I'm not as interested in the game as I have in the past.

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
personally it has not affected in other aspects, I usually spend the necessary time to keep everything balanced. There was a time when I spent more money, but that is in the past

Mihail Grinvich

Mihail Grinvich

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker is more of a hobby for me, as is fishing. I wanted this hobby to bring some more profit, but for now it remains the goal.

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well, I used to go to college and instead of going to class I was playing poker in the Hall.
We didn't stop until almost midnight when the college was closing and the security 'kicking us out'.
It was definitely an addiction.
At the time, despite being fun, it was not healthy, as it exceeded common sense by having to miss classes to play.

Nowadays, I worry more about studying than playing.
Despite quick games in the middle of the week, my play days are selected for the weekend and this helps me with control.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends on how you define addiction in this case . i dont want to live without poker . so in a way yes . but at the same time for me addiction would mean that you cant slow down and have to play constantly and bet all your money you have and maybe even other things you have and ruin your life .

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think I'm addicted to poker, but I do love this game

ODRAGD3

ODRAGD3

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
¿Hasta qué punto ha interferido el poker en tu vida personal para conseguir objetivos?
poker is something that you have to dedicate time to I play every day with the intention of reaching a big prize I love satellites sometimes I spend a whole day playing with the intention of returning 0.1 in $ 33 or $ 16.5 and that entry to make it 400 $ I still haven't managed to win the final tournament but it will be my turn soon!

poxerator78

poxerator78

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
when one takes poker seriously and not as a hobby, then this is not a drug, but the meaning of life

pasha poltava

pasha poltava

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
yes, I play every day, and if in any tournament I get into the money, I get high!

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Nope .I had breaks which i couldn't play and even think about poker.Its nice game but a game for me.

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, not really.
I look at it as means to many ends - to entertain myself, to socialize when live, to make some money of possible, or at least lose as less as I can, and eventually to win a big tourney if I get lucky or good enough one day.

IKE390

IKE390

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I don't consider myself, because I don't play every day.