Do You Consider Poker a Passion, Job or Hobby?

nakiesQUensyyy

nakiesQUensyyy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This is my hobby, or rather how I kill my free time, and I enjoy playing.

D

diodi775

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
For me it's a hobby, but I'm training and studying to see if I become a professional.

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think poker is a passionate game that depends on luck and does not depend only on skill.
I see poker as entertainment. It's a hobby for me. I don't have a goal to become a professional player, but of course I won't refuse good cash prizes :)

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
For me poker started as a hobby.... then it became my passion... and I hope soon it will become my full time job.... I'm preparing for that...

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Hi, for me at this moment is only hobby, when I get more knowledge and know more expertise I probably play in profesional way.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think poker is a passionate game that depends on luck and does not depend only on skill.
Today for me it is a job.
I like the game of poker too much, but I take it very seriously because I am with the intention of building an interesting bankroll.
Greetings:):):)

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think poker is a passion. A game you can't help but fall in love with

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me poker is a hobby that turns into a passion)

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, poker is just a hobby, I used to dream that poker would become a job)

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker can be approached as a passion, job, or hobby, depending on how you engage with the game and your individual goals. Here's a breakdown of each perspective:

1. Passion: Some individuals have a genuine passion for poker. They thoroughly enjoy the game, find it intellectually stimulating, and have a deep fascination with its strategic aspects. They may spend a significant amount of time studying and playing poker, not solely for financial gain but for the sheer love of the game itself.
  2. Job: For professional poker players, poker is their primary source of income. They treat it as a job and dedicate substantial time and effort to developing their skills, analyzing the game, and managing their bankroll. Professional players often have a disciplined approach, treating poker with the same seriousness as any other occupation.
  3. Hobby: Many people play poker as a recreational hobby. They engage in the game for entertainment, social interaction, and the thrill of competition. Hobbyist players may have other primary sources of income and view poker as a leisure activity, playing at a level that aligns with their comfort and financial means.
It's important to note that these categories are not mutually exclusive, and an individual's relationship with poker can evolve over time. Some players may start with poker as a hobby and develop a passion for the game, while others may transition from playing casually to pursuing it as a career. It ultimately depends on personal circumstances, interests, and objectives.

When considering your own approach to poker, it's important to have clarity about your motivations and goals. Define whether you're playing for personal enjoyment, seeking to improve your skills, aiming to generate income, or a combination of these factors. This understanding can help guide your decisions, whether it's dedicating more time to study and practice, managing your bankroll responsibly, or simply enjoying the game with friends.

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For me it's more like work, I think only of the money it can provide.

T

TheDealer

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really want to make a living from poker, is it okay?

23maxim88

23maxim88

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I hope that poker will transition from a hobby to a profession.

ENRIQUE23977

ENRIQUE23977

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Of course the world of poker is exciting (for those of us who like it), but it is also difficult like everything in life. Also for some it is a job like any other, an example of this is the Grinder and for recreational players it is a hobby.

Of course, to strike a perfect balance in all of this and become a winning or professional player, you have to love poker (Passion), you have to put in the time and effort to make a profit (Work) and you definitely have to have fun playing the game. (Hobby) so that everything fits perfectly.

One of the key aspects in life to be successful in anything, it is essential that you like what you do, otherwise you will soon get bored and abandon it. Poker as a job requires planning, strategy, organization and focus.

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me its fun and entertaining. Its not a hobby or passion. Its sometimes luck when you win against a big hand.

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It seems to me or at least in my case it is the three things

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
and a passion that I earn a little money with skill, luck and a lot of patience

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The game of patience, greed, luck, skill is all in a game called poker. My poker is a hobby because I'm not capable of more and I don't think if I give all the time to play, the results will be higher.

M

miriancastro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
at the moment a hobby, but very stressful at times

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Currently I play poker for fun because it is my favorite hobby.
But I aspire in the future to become a professional poker player.