Do You Consider Poker a Passion, Job or Hobby?

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

Spomehwre between a passion and a hobby. if it whre a job, it might not be much fun for me. Ilike being able to gointo a tourney fresh and have great expectations, but not need it to survive.

TirariAchref

TirariAchref

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
Of course it's a hobby because you need money to make some profit in poker.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

Somewhere between a passion and a hobby. I like the expectation of going fresh into a tournament, but not needing it to survive.

4MileKing

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really something to do in the winter minths

E

ezzolye

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hobby

I keep it as hobby, if turn it into a job I will hate it.

N

neagranufan19380

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hobby and passion.

Used to play full time and there are incredibly great aspects to it (freedom, money, women, challenge, fun, good friends).

That being said go on a sustained downswing and it can be brutal if you're not rolled for it. Also burnout can eat you up, and bush league wanna be tough guy anglers can get to be dumb and dumberer.

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd consider poker as blooded war, poker players as fearless generals.

dsmilez

dsmilez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm very passionate about poker and have been for years. While it's currently a hobby, I would love for it to be my job. Obviously, you need quite the bankroll for that. Maybe one day? :)

Izzeee

Izzeee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I consider it a hobby that I enjoy getting better at. I would need to become a whole lot better for it to be a source of income.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me poker is my passion and at the same time it is a job because if you dedicate time and you are very disciplined in what you do I believe that the results will come in a positive way and you will not have problems, poker is a way to generate income like any other sport, we know it is difficult, but with dedication and perseverance you can get the expected results, That is why every day great players come out in poker, that is not the result of chance, or when we see the great players always win, behind all that there is a great professional work, so I think you should take the game as a passion, that way you will have respect for the game and take it more seriously and responsibly.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All 3. Work, cause it can be earned money from it, but still hobby because I can't and maybe won't always do it as a full-time job. Passion cause many of the games I am playing I enjoy. :)

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It’s still just a hobby for me. I’m working on improving my game though.

oarroyo

oarroyo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PY
Chips
A passion where you can earn a lot of money!

mimietmour

mimietmour

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A passion that we have transfered to a lot of people, like a lady of 83 and her sister of 82é Sorry I have to leave the tournament is about to start. lol.

C

cgcon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a Hobby for me and make me earn a extra income. I am working to improve my game

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well, rather like a second job already, as I try to play every day and devote a decent amount of time to poker

roberto51

roberto51

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker was supposed to be just a hobby for me and it has become a passion and a way of life.

M

Muzyka1996

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it's a hobby. I have seen that poker requires a lot of skill but it also requires luck.

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think poker is a passionate game that depends on luck and does not depend only on skill.
I don't know what I'd label myself, but if I wasn't making money at it, I wouldn't be playing it.

reraee1

reraee1

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For now, it's just a hobby for me! but I dream that poker would already be a job

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker for me is a discipline, where discipline and patience are fundamental