Do you consider playing poker a priority or only when you have free time .

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Hi, for me isn’t priority, I play for fun but I reading some articles and see some videos to learn more and try to improve my skills.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good morning everyone, I consider poker as a job and where I get most of my income from.
I'm seeing other players who play better than me and who are earning more than 90k dollars, I'm far from reaching these values, but with study and dedication, one hour I get there, and I'm not just saying that my goal is to reach that level and I'll tell you what I see these players on twitch, just study and practice because it's not difficult, but it requires a lot of willpower.

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
fun but the daily tournaments are usually a priority

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I used to say for sure that poker is just a hobby, but now and for a long time I take it very seriously and now I can say for sure that poker is a priority for me and I spend a lot of time studying it and learning I'm getting better every day so I think if someone takes poker seriously will understand that it takes a long time to learn poker and wants a good result from it

olejean

olejean

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
All depends on the prestige of the tournament in which you are going to participate.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The only time poker is a priorty for me is when the wsop circuit event us within driving distance. I try to play in one of them every time. Other than that family wins out over poker every time.

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
My weekly live game is a priority for the last 19 years. But, sometimes family and friend events do take priority. I am mildly miffed at anyone who plans for a Wednesday evening event - because that is poker night. Don't mess with it.
Besides, that four hours out of the house is me time, because, as a caregiver for a spouse with Alzheimer's, it is important to take time for me!

K

Ketoupitou

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Only when I have free time. But I have plenty so it's good for me :)

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes poker can be a priority to me when I don’t have much else I need to do. Family and must-dos always come first, but I consider poker a high priority because its very relaxing for me to do in my downtime :).

JeffSBrito

JeffSBrito

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
As an amateur recreational player. I believe it's important to have a balanced approach to poker and recognize that it should be a complementary activity rather than an absolute priority. While poker can be an exciting and lucrative game, it's essential to have a healthy perspective on the time and resources dedicated to it.

Poker should be considered a leisure activity, to be enjoyed when time is available. It's important to set limits and set aside time for other important areas of life, such as work, studies, family, and hobbies. Prioritizing these essential areas will ensure a healthy balance in every aspect of life.

While it's possible to win money at poker, it's critical not to rely solely on the game as a constant source of income. Considering poker merely as an entertainment activity will help avoid unnecessary financial risks and ensure that financial responsibilities are properly met.

Rather than making poker a priority, it's more productive to consider the game as a tool for achieving long-term goals. Setting realistic goals and working to achieve them gradually will allow poker to be a healthy part of an overall personal development strategy.

By not prioritizing poker too much, a healthy emotional balance is more likely to be maintained. Poker wins and losses can have a significant emotional impact, and placing too much pressure and importance on the game can lead to stress, frustration, and potential emotional problems. Approaching poker as a leisure activity will help you maintain a balanced perspective and deal with the inevitable emotional swings in a healthy way.

Finally, when considering poker as a side activity, you're more likely to enjoy the fun and learning benefits that the game can offer. By approaching poker as a hobby, you can enjoy the strategy, competition, and social interaction it offers, without losing sight of the most important aspects of life.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me, poker comes first, even if it happens to be something else .
For me, poker is fun after work. This is a hobby, but work always comes first for me. It may sound strange, but I love my work even more than my hobby.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's not a priority the last years, but best hobby for sure.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It is a pleasure to play poker when time permits, after a day of work the game comes as a relaxation

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I make time to play poker every day, but only with my strict rules about buyins.

Dasha_21

Dasha_21

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play poker mostly in my spare time

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only when I have free time..

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
poker I play only as a hobby :)....and only if I got a lot of free time :)

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me, poker is entertainment when I have free time. My priority is to earn money, poker is a hobby for me.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have no priority for poker. To be honest, I can quit playing right now. There is a need for pocket money. One salary is not enough. There are interesting things I have where money from poker goes.

drinker

drinker

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Only when there is free time. Unfortunately, it's hard to find time now, so I don't play very often, not as often as I'd like.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
For me, Poker is a hobby if you have free time at the moment.

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I lived on it for years, it was the same for me.
This does not have a good effect on relationships and friendships.
I advise you to change this, never put poker first, human relationships are always more important.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Until 20 days ago my dog Jonas passed away, my wife Patricia and he were my priority, and logically my work.
Today I only have my wife and my job left.
Poker for me is not just a hobby, you could say it's a side job.
I have been building my bankroll for some time with effort, so that one day I will have a good extra entry playing daily.
I also really enjoy doing other activities, but poker per day 4 hours almost always takes me.
My regards, brother:):):)

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a priority when I have a free time.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me, playing poker is fun in my spare time. For me, poker is a hobby that brings me joy and satisfaction :)