Do you come from a gambling family?

Vegas77

Vegas77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
My father loved to play poker and he taught my brother and I when I was about 12 years old. He would stay out all night playing sometimes. One time on a family trip to Mexico the 3 of us went out and found a local game and played all night. Great memories to have now that he is gone due to cancer.

I'm sorry for your loss, I lost my father in 2011. I have similar memories of poker. Good times. VERY good times 😀

Vegas77

Vegas77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
My father loved to play poker and he taught my brother and I when I was about 12 years old. He would stay out all night playing sometimes. One time on a family trip to Mexico the 3 of us went out and found a local game and played all night. Great memories to have now that he is gone due to cancer.

I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my father in 2011, and have similar memories. Good times, many good times. Good luck to you.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I was a kid I played 21 with my dad and canasta with my grandma and Aunt. Fun times! Mum like to play roulette and the pokies here and there. She seems to do ok.

S

stank12345

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No I am the only degenerate in my family my mom and dad did not gamble but I love to gamble

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My brother used to have a betting and slot machine games addiction. Thankfully, he's cured.

jleon_zat

jleon_zat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not the truth I'm the only one in my family who knows this game and I love it

amartimes

amartimes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Traditionally gambling is not tolerated in my culture. But world is becoming one culture :)

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
poker is not a traditional game here in brazil, here in Brazil most people only started playing online

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely. My father played poker, my brother plays poker, his son plays too and my son used to play lots of poker.

S

ScottyDee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not really unless you count crib

cindymagaly

cindymagaly

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In fact, no one likes me to play poker, this is due to the bad reputation they have for movies and series that portray poker players as cheating gangsters and people going bankrupt for not knowing how to stop, which is partly true but It was a long time ago now it is a game that is no longer illegal and they have a good reputation for tournaments and charismatic players in the world of poker. But I'll still keep playing so you can see that poker is not an addiction if you know how to stop.

dorivaldojr

dorivaldojr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really wanted to haha ​​, my family doesn't care who plays poker and these types of games are a shame

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, practically I'm different from the family. I think it's fun, my son looks like it will be too.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
No gambling family, I play because I like the game, and I don't play like gambling, I am considering it more like a strategy game and fun!

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Everyone in my family has always been very negative about any kind of gambling. But everyone had a positive attitude to sports. So first I started betting on sporting events, and then I became interested in poker.

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Me no .no one gambles in the family.and they think gambling is very dangerous and they don't like it

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have a brother who, like me, has always been a gambler. But in general, my family, my parents, have always been against gambling.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
No, but Mom and Dad taught me how to play poker when I was 11 or twelve. After the Lawrence Welk Show ended at 8 on Saturday night, we'd play until Gunsmoke came on at 10. My parents always encouraged us in things that we took an interest in. :) I think that my interest in poker came from seeing so much of it in all the westerns that were on tv back then. The shooting came from summer camp when I was 9, and I guess from the westerns too. LOL!!

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My family was the exact opposite of a “gambling family”. I’m the exception.

Related Gambling Guides: AU Gambling - CA Gambling - UK Gambling - NZ Gambling - Online Gambling