Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
What is your tactic?
Hello brother
I don't do too many bluffs.
But depending on the situation, in general they are strong bluffs, something that costs the adversary to pay with stupidity, before a showdown that in general can be favorable to me with my bluff.
But in general I play very tight, and I take all my time to play or to bluff.
greetings friend:):):)

muzenza2012

muzenza2012

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
it depends a lot, because depending on the position and amount of chips, bluffing is part of it, it's mandatory. Especially if several players enter the hand, and the flop only hits low cards, in this case, big or small, you have to steal, bluff

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Determining the optimal bluffing frequency in poker is a complex task and depends on several factors, including the specific situation, the players involved, and the dynamics at the table. Bluffing is an important aspect of poker strategy, but it's crucial to find the right balance to maximize your profitability and minimize risk. Here are a few considerations regarding bluffing frequency:

1. Table Dynamics: The dynamics at the table play a significant role in determining bluffing frequency. If your opponents are more likely to call or are skilled at reading bluffs, you may need to bluff less frequently. Conversely, if the table is tight and players are prone to folding, you can potentially increase your bluffing frequency.
  2. Image and Perception: Your table image and how your opponents perceive your playing style can impact bluffing frequency. If you have a tight and solid image, bluffing less frequently can be more effective. On the other hand, if you have a loose and aggressive image, well-timed bluffs can be more successful.
  3. Stack Sizes and Chip Considerations: The stack sizes of you and your opponents should also be considered. Bluffing becomes more risky when your stack is smaller relative to the pot size, as it puts more pressure on your opponents to fold. Conversely, having a larger stack can provide more leverage and allow for more frequent bluffing opportunities.
  4. Board Texture and Range Considerations: The texture of the community cards and the range of hands you and your opponents are likely to have can influence bluffing frequency. If the board is highly coordinated or hits your opponents' likely ranges, bluffing becomes more challenging. However, if the board is favorable to your perceived range or allows for plausible bluffing stories, bluffing more frequently can be effective.
  5. Timing and Read-Based Decisions: Bluffing frequency should also be influenced by the specific timing and reads you have on your opponents. If you've observed your opponents making weak or exploitable plays, it may be a good time to increase your bluffing frequency. However, if your opponents have shown strong hands or a tendency to call down, bluffing less frequently may be the better approach.
In general, the optimal bluffing frequency in poker is situational and requires a combination of observation, analysis, and adjustment. It's important to be adaptable and constantly evaluate the dynamics at the table to determine the right balance between value betting and bluffing. Experimentation, experience, and understanding your opponents' tendencies will help you develop a better sense of when and how often to bluff for maximum effectiveness.

Gian Totaro

Gian Totaro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
He who does not risk does not win my brother :D haha

R

Rmi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The fair and necessary for my game to be profitable.

ElScorcho008

ElScorcho008

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I wouldn't say I bluff a lot, but I try to at some key times. Just don't get too committed

MrCryJoker

MrCryJoker

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sometimes too often, it plays a cruel joke when you get busted having a note on you.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have a certain amount of bluff reconciliation. I decide to use bluff depending on the nature of the game.

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sometimes maybe once every 1 hour

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Sometimes I lose my discipline in the game and start bluffing a lot. Not because of tilt, but just probably because of boredom )))

But in general, I mostly play tight and try to bluff infrequently and in the right situations.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Very rare, at live tables I tend to bluff more

andron205

andron205

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
in places where people throw away

Luca Santos

Luca Santos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Unfortunately, more than it should.
By the way, this is at a point that I need to correct in my game, especially in micro games.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
River bluffs in big pots can be very profitable, I rarely bluff. Bluff when scary cards come out, sometimes even when it looks implausible.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only if it's necessary to take a pot however i use to play a lot cash games and i must say that bluffing is normal there.

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If you don't use all the tools in your toolbox, you are leaving some work unfinished. Ie you end up leaving chips on the table which could have been yours.
The frequency of your bluffs is critical and it depends on the table mood/personality. For CC League games, people play pretty tight, so you can often get away with strong, positional, bluffs.
Bet sizing is also important.
I once asked a fish why he called all my bets from pre-flop through to river with nothing. His answer? "I was bluffing".
SMH
Clearly, you cannot just call. That's throwing your monmey away...not bluffing.
But by the same token, betting too small is also often throwing money away.
The goal of a bluff is to get better hands to fold. To do this, your bet sizing needs to be strong enough to push people back and make them think twice about calling. At the same time, it needs to look like you're trying get a worse hand to call. Too much and you may just give the game away!

If I'm playing freerolls or micros, I generally want to reduce the amount of bluffing -- especially early game because people will call anything up until the add-on.

In general, I like to behave contrary to the general table mood. If people are loose, generally...then I'll tighten up and hit them hard.
If people are playing tight, I'll loosen up up and bet consistently. Note: you can reduce your bet sizes for bluffs when playing against Nits, as they are only going to call with a premium/made hand/bluff catcher.

Bluffing is important. If you're not doing it. You should. And if you're not getting caught doing it, you're p[robably not doing it enough.
Even if you get caught out and lose by bluffing, that can still be advantageous. People will thereafter be primed for your bluffs to come through, and you can take some extra chips when you have a nutty hand and people call you for an extra street on the basis you might be bluffing.

But you do need to recognise when a bluff is not working. You need to identify the fish who will call you all the way to your river bet. You cannopt bluff a fish.
You need to know who the players are who always call to see a flop. You need to understand who will always call the C-Bet. Focus on bluffing against the nittier players, and just play in a straight-forward manner against the WAGS/LAGS/FISH.

Cheers,
JT

K

Kurchina

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BA
Chips
I bluff in good spots, in later stages of tournaments. Because I play microstakes, and people call everything, no matter what you do.

R

Riverboatbrush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I do, but rarely to be honest. There's a time and a place for it without a doubt, but not often, at least at the low stakes I play

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not me, I have to learn to make more bluffs.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, as a game element, I use it, but I wouldn't say I use it often.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on the players and the bankroll, the cowardly players and the bigger the bankroll, the more often I can bluff.:)