Do you Apologize in Poker?

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes, but the other day during a tournament, a guy got mad at me and told me, "there is no I am sorry at poker" and I was like, ok :(

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I think that the opponent played well and I only won, luckily I usually write sorry, I do not regret the fact of winning of course but I show him respect for having lost when he should have won. It's not hypocrisy, it's respect

T

Tqnataa98

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not apologize because bad beats are a part of the game, it's not something that is my fault, so i don't see the point in saying sorry.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Apologize for winning a hand? Would you feel better if you lost? I'm not going to apologize to someone who is at the table trying to take my chips or money...c'mon man!!

T

texasfoldem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my experience with poker chat, it does not tend to go down well. I think it is best just to say nothing. The problem with online textual messages is that people tend to just put their own anger and resentment into whatever people say.

I believe a lot of people translate "sorry" as: "Ha ha sucker *chuckle*!"

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
disculpas en el poker

Hello the play is not so serious. I would say that is standard would think before Allin pay. with that hand. on the apologies I think in some cases worth. I was never me have asked. I do not think it obligatory to do so but if a player wants to do it do not look bad

P

possle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes,i do sometimes. After bad beats or suckouts for example, but it depends on the tournament. I would never apologize on a Spin & Go. But on tournaments you are playing for hours with the same opponents. Sometimes it's needed. Most of the time not, because nobody cares, if you apologize or not. The chips are gone and it's not possbile to make it undone.

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, I don 't apologize and I don 't need an apology from my opponents, and even if they fight and write crap, I may not pay my attention to it. At all I try not to pay attention to chat during the game.