Do You Agree With Me

goaldriversv

goaldriversv

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i can honestly say that emotionally i've matured because of my early experience playing poker on full tilt and pokerstars during the heyday in the mid 2000's. i was extremely emotional because i'm very competitive but much of poker is out of your hands. you can't control how the cards flip so what's the point of putting that energy into something you can't control now when i play, it's a whatever attitude, but i'm still a microstakes winning player. i save a lot of money because i have fewer broken mouses and i never tilt, which is one of the biggest factors of losing money

T

twoG1cup

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on stakes. Some retired pros like Selbst are happy to blow 10k on a weekend tournament for fun.

On the other hand take someone like Paul Phua for example. If he loses 50 Million on a single hand he'd probably laugh it off and even rebuy because that is worth peanuts to him whereas Antonius or Esfandiari losing that amount, they would go on tilt for a few weeks

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Whoever and whatever says here, but emotions are still present in poker and we can’t get away from them !!! The main thing is to try to control your emotions and make the right decisions !!! For me, the final table in the tournament is always positive emotions that help me concentrate as much as possible and make the right decisions !!!

S

Salteballe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you !But still not too emotional!

E

Edson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If You want to play good poker you should turn off your emotions. The secret is to make good decisions and don't be angry when you lose after that. This is part of this game.
I usually be angry when I see that I don't play my a-game and doing dumb decisions...