D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It's an interesting issue and one which bugs to a degree- after all it would not be hard to track in terms of tournaments entered (buy-ins) against cashes (winnings) to give players a somewhat accurate profit and loss profile (who knows what is up on the cash games front?).

Most simply do not want it as it inevitably diminishes their reputation and potential ability to attract backers or swap pieces.

Negreanu is the only player who has made an effort to publish his tournament profit and loss on a regular basis (with no mention of cash games so it is all still skewed).

In fact, as Bryn Kenney leapt over the top of others to be the "winning-est player' when he won the Triton one million buy-in just months before he had been in a self-admitted financial hole where he was saddled with personal debt and sums owed to others.

No doubt some are more profitable than others but I think if the truth were known about several playing at the top of the pyramid in high rollers, it would be underwhelming.

In fact I think a lower profile individual such as Ari Engel might be one of the more profitable. He continually travels playing lower tiered, less glamorous events but has amassed winnings of around $7 million. He is fantastically well organized in terms of not just plotting his year in terms of entries to tournaments he thinks he can profit in, but of buying air tickets well in advance to secure the best rates. As he is a poker nomad he reportedly never stays anymore for more than a week or so he has to stay on top of all the details.

A

Alberto Martinez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do Losses Count?

Many poker websites publish news of PRO players who win spectacular sums of money in live tournaments as well as online tournaments.

Some players even seem to have their own websites where they are always seen as winners.

There are other known players who publish their collections and earnings on social networks such as twitter or instagram.

Now the publications never come out or they tell you the money they lose.

The question is:

only the earnings count?

Do you think that losses are equated to the sums they earn?

Leave your comment:call2:
If you view Losses from a single perspective, the answers can vary. Losses count in various ways. Accountants use a company's losses and apply them to Taxes for a Gain. I view my poker losses as a smile to encourage me to retract my game and point out my mistakes as well as errors in judgement. Losses do not have to be a bad thing if viewed from a learning perspective. Viewing losses from a positive perspective can be beneficial. However, try to win. I do! GOD bless you all.

J

jorgetorres0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be profitable, you have to be a winning player, and know how to manage your bank. for example you cannot play tournaments of 1000 dollars if your bank is 2000