Do people become poker players mostly because they don't want a normal job?

Charade You Are

Charade You Are

you can call me Frost
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I honestly think I'm more likely to live on the streets than get a full time job.

You're immaturity is showing. If you don't get good grades, you just might get your wish.

You're 16 and living at home. I don't imagine that once you're out of school, that your parents will continue to support you especially if you're just playing poker. You should find out what it costs to live on your own and realize that you need to make x $ in profit just to survive. Then you need to have a roll big enough to handle variance. Unless you are a trust fund baby, that needs to come from somewhere.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
**** the system.

Do what you want to do with your life, I am not going to tell you otherwise but just be prepared for backlash that will come with every bad choice.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
**** the system.

Do what you want to do with your life, I am not going to tell you otherwise but just be prepared for backlash that will come with every bad choice.

^ this.

I'm not saying OP's choice is a great one, or even a feasible one - hell, I'm not even sure that he's not just trolling. But on the flipside, I think lots of people ITT are overvaluing college educations.

In some fields they're a necessity but in many others, in my experience they have little if any bearing on the kind of work you end up doing. The idea that you have to go to college to get a good job, otherwise you'll be stuck flipping burgers is a fallacy IMO.

All I'll say to OP is be prepared to own the consequences of your decisions and it's never a bad idea to have a backup plan.

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think alot of pro players do it to make a living and for the "thrill" of the hunt.