• Thread starter 2-7MakesMeRaise
  • Start date
2-7MakesMeRaise

2-7MakesMeRaise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As title suggest, does anybody know this. Would a pro play one site or would they have a bankroll spread across different sites?
What do you think about playing at different sites? I cant work out if its best to play at one or have a change now and then?

Cheers

J

jolietdusty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure about the pros other than the ones who have a contract with a certain site. The second part of your question, I like to play various sites if you get a bad run on one you can play elsewhere and like in your job sometimes a change of scenery is just what it takes.

P

paumarhas

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i was wondering the same thing. if they played on other sites that didn't sponser them. you know playing other rival pros on other sites and such.

as for me i'm going to start playing more then one site. i play solely on FT and it's not good. i'm starting to play other sites and it's a refreshing change.
gl and peace :)

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Answering the 2nd part of your question:

Right now I play on just one site. I was playing on both pokerstars and cake, but I wanted to combine the 2 so I could play higher limits on one site. Now I have my whole BR on cake and I love it.

T

thejuanupsman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to play on multiple sites. But I was winning so much more on FT than all the others that I decided to focus my attention there. Since then my ROI has tripled and I have been able to cash out monthly and still maintain a bankroll. It's worked much better than spreading my time around at multiple sites.

moeraj

moeraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the pros are either part owners of the site they play on or are sponsoring the site they play on. For some of us people who are distrusting of human nature there are many reasons why this might be so.For me,when I see a report that Phil Ivey is the second most winning player online I remember that he has part ownership the site he plays on.I lost my faith in online poker a long time before absolute and ub scandal and I looked at that scam as proof that I was right.Therefore there is no reason for pros to play anywhere else.

Tom1559

Tom1559

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would guess Pros that are contracted to one site cannot play other site but non contracted pros would not limit themselves to one site. Most players like to play different sites rather than just one.

GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mike Matusow plays on three sites (Stars, UB, and FT)

jmasterrich

jmasterrich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on what you mean by "pros". If you mean contracted big name players ie ivey, negreaneu, etc then yeah they pretty much stick to the sites they rep. However, if by pros you mean those players as well as people like shaun deeb and dani stern, people like that well they obviously take their action to any site they want as well as where the best games are

M

mig2169

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes mostof the pros play on diffrent sites, u have to google,their names tofind out who they are. there are only three or four pros who don't move around and they own part of the site they play on.

C

chipshuffler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think playing on multiple sites is a good thing. As long as you have a positive ROI you will be able to win more money by playing more tournies at once.

I have no idea if pros play on other sites but i doubt it.

E

EmoFrog

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
most of em do multiple sites but under a different /hidden alias. sometimes u just cant get action on 1 site, so u have to switch