Do not play drunk.

Davydave

Davydave

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agreed. Alcohol can give you a false sense of bravado. This goes for any gambling, have a drink or two when it's over.

2NaCl

2NaCl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's common sense that you will not play proper poker under the effect of alcohol but then again if someones going out for a night of fun he will have his couple of beers here and there it's just unavoidable. Personally I don't drink alcohol, I find it disgusting, useless and unhealthy. Keep away from unhealthy habits people!

BoaSafra

BoaSafra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
kjkkkkk really, don't play drunk!

Odysseus101

Odysseus101

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play regularly with friends for low stakes while drinking. It's fun, I make stupid mistakes and laugh at others when they do the same.

Of course, if I lose then I don't complain. That's part of the entertainment value, including bragging rights into the future: Dude, remembered when I was drunk and called your all in on my suited 8 and 9? Epic fail! But I was close!"

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Drinking will impair every decision you make while gambling.

Like for instance hey I have 10,2 suited I can call 3X BB raise with it and definitely win.

The 10ft tall and bullet proof will apply to playing poker as well and can lose you boatloads of cash

vitorbonatto

vitorbonatto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on the circumstances, if you're playing with friends or in a low stake tourney i think its ok

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
If I drink, I just play the freerolls. When i spend my own money, i don't drink.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Alcholol and money on account poker player things are not compatible. Isolated cases when you need to remove the jitters before or during the first live game

L

Lopeszilla

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion I play just as good weather drinking or not

P

Pinokio_385

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I'm drunk I'm a winner!:))

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Generally, it's a losing proposition. however, I've seen some lucky drunks play, and win, with junk.

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I am drunk right now. Really tempted to play. But, I know better. Instead, I will be on here for a while.

I sometimes play drunk, but only in homegames.

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's a nice topic tho. Well drinking at playing poker is OKAY for me, IF i am playing only freerolls or some really cheap games, which doesn't really bother my bankroll if i loose. So it's kind of entertainment then. But i would recommend to nobody to play your usual limit, if you did already drunk some. You are simply not able playing your A-game, even if you think you can. So don't fool yourself!
By the way, i know that in Russia they have a proverb: "The Fools and the Hard Drinkers are get lucky!" Seems to be legit at many points at poker...LOL.

RidersFan

RidersFan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The last live tournament I played I finished 5th. I went out before with friends for drinks and after drinks went for dinner with my brother and really started drinking. During the tournament I drank the whole time and didn't make any bad decisions. I watch other people who weren't drinking make bad folds. Eg) utg shoves for 8.5 bbs and bb open folds 44. If you drink when you play most of the time then it doesn't affect your game that much. If you occasionally drink when you play then it will affect your game more. Also your tolerance to alcohol is a factor.

andyt5303

andyt5303

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing drunk is not something I would advise to anyone who wants to win, however if you're just having a good time then sure drink away!

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
I’m not having much luck playing poker when sober, so I wonder if I should try playing when drunk.

I have a question to those who think alcohol helps. How many cans of Draught Guinness do you recommend I drink before a tournament starts and how often during the tournament. Say the tournament last about six hours.

No1eJoker

No1eJoker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've played drunk a couple of times and I've more risking and have had a lot of luck, I had more courage to call on some cards and I realized very good results.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I completely agree! I also have a game experience when I drank too much! The result is similar to yours, the loss of all money!

B

Brazenly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I ve won quite a lot money drunk :D

WOLF55555

WOLF55555

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that while playing poker one should not drink. Since alcohol has a bad effect on the game. Commit more mistakes, lose money.

D

ds276

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can relax a little, the main thing is not to overdo it. And that in the morning it is possible to be strongly disappointed and to do even more nonsenses, trying to recoup. If I start to blunt - I usually stop playing.

JoseFerreras

JoseFerreras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Find out how much you can drink without going bad, and always stay within this limit!

I agree. One time I was playing drunk and people were calling me thinking i was too drunk, but I always had the goods!!

ChronicFish

ChronicFish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LMAO i can relate to this NEVER play drunk even if you establish a healthy stack horrible choices will follow hah

GRANDPAPA929

GRANDPAPA929

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played the last two days, along with whiskey and did not get good result. Don't play with whiskey. In this condition you will beat any donkey.

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Alcohol extends the spectra of the hands))
I would not advise playing drunk