Do All Pros think through a hand the same way?

L

luckytokenz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not talking about the same syntax here. I know that what seperates a poker player from another is his ability to process what has happened in the hand so far, and if hes a fairly smart he will be able to calculate equity and aproximate hand ranges.obviously poker is a game is incomplete information and those with the most information will result in a higher win-rate/skill level. intuition is different for everyone, but do all pros simply make +ev decisions based hand ranges that have them dominated, ranges that they have dominated and based on the action so far in a hand they decide which is most likely the case? What is the professional way of looking at a hand and making a decision? equity and range,(besides basic strategy, I mean obv. you will look at position, stack size, player styles and tendencies, your image, and whatever the bleep else and all of this affects your ev, but how?) is this all there is to it? How do you tie this together to be a winning player? I hope I was able to convey my concerns thanks you and merry christmas!

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you read the different pros, you'll see some pretty wide variance in the way they describe their thought processes. Reading Negreaneu is very different from reading Black, for example. I don't think pros all think about situations in the same way - and it's the younger generation starting w say Ferguson that explicitly uses math as a primary basis for decision making, alot of older (and younger) pros emphasize other parts of their game.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands