discrimination in poker

N

Nutcracker69

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm honestly starting to wonder if we're even playing on the same site. Apparently the tables you guys play at fall in line with expected value for the most part with a little variance, and you've never heard the 500 players in every big tourney that YELL N even if they just lost the hand and are still in the tournament (making their information readily available for reporting... which, of course, leads to absolutely nothing)

TimovieMan

TimovieMan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm honestly starting to wonder if we're even playing on the same site. Apparently the tables you guys play at fall in line with expected value for the most part with a little variance, and you've never heard the 500 players in every big tourney that YELL N even if they just lost the hand and are still in the tournament (making their information readily available for reporting... which, of course, leads to absolutely nothing)
I played cash only, and during European evenings. Differences can be expected.

N

Nutcracker69

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NL2 and NL5, 6-max.

There's no way those levels would be immune to it. They're not high enough. You must have been (a) super fortunate or (b) playing at the right time or both.

How many hands have you played on WPN?

TimovieMan

TimovieMan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's no way those levels would be immune to it. They're not high enough. You must have been (a) super fortunate or (b) playing at the right time or both.

How many hands have you played on WPN?
50K hands.

European evenings are going to be mainly European players. They're not going to be using the N-word. They'll sooner use the F-word. Saw that many times. Just no racial slurs.

N

Nutcracker69

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
50K hands.

European evenings are going to be mainly European players. They're not going to be using the N-word. They'll sooner use the F-word. Saw that many times. Just no racial slurs.

yeah, yeah, I moved on from that.

I was more referring to the ridiculous nature of outcomes < EV that is super prevalant on WPN

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never been discriminated against. I agree that one should treat other players as they want to be treated.

JayBonez

JayBonez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Discrimination

I once let it get to me and rolled of 16 in a 3500 guaranteed. I was chip leader over a 1500000 chips. It was a terrible bad beat made some bad calls. I was just new to online poker. I vow to never let it happen again.

C

CashBerry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Discrimination

have you ever experienced discrimination while playing poker? what did you do? how did you deal with it?

Yes, people are always going to try and push others buttons to gain a psychological advantage. Not everyone has the same motives, but I have noticed most people just try to appear tough and outspoken, just keep it in your head, these are some of the biggest fish at the table

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whenever ever someone tilts... just say U MAD! lol

omon2727

omon2727

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when an issue or argument arises, the person on the losing end usually feels slighted and sometimes they feel discriminated against

Zacccpanec

Zacccpanec

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
have you ever experienced discrimination while playing poker? what did you do? how did you deal with it?

I am constantly insulted players from Ukraine and the Baltic States, but I was already used to it and calmly