Disappearing Posts

T

trouble92

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Can someone tell me why a post would be removed? I read one about a week ago and when I went to find it again I found the reply to it and the post after but, the post I was looking for was gone. I looked up the person that posted it and it was'nt their either. It was'nt any thing that I would think would be removed for any reason. It just basicly said how some people on poker sites and this site were nasty for no good reason. Just wondering if they would remove a post like this? Did'nt seem to me they would but I can't find it.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It could have been post count spam - or a banned member's thread, etc.

T

trouble92

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
No it was'nt. The post answering it and another by the original poster were still there. It was tittled "manners " by sleepy11. A response to the post tittled "manners" is there with the responder"s name. Not sure what that was. I agreed with it and wanted to show it to someone but, could'nt find it. Thanks

B

brewdawg69

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If someone was viewed as a spammer, then all of that persons posts would be deleted.It doesn't mean that the thread you saw them under would be too. So basically, even if they did have what seemed to be a "quality post", if you get labeled as a spammer, ALL previous posts are deleted. Trust me, I know this, as I was incorrectly labeled one, and got all previous posts deleted. However, they are trying to protect the integrity of the freerolls they offer, so you can't blame them for being vigilant in spam-busting... even if they get a little TOO vigilant. :)

L

LarryT503

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Having been the recpient of warnings and post removals I can say it was likely the post was considered spam by one of the administrators. Though I felt I was being denied freedom of speech at the time, I now recognize they were trying to maintain the integrity of the posts. Simply put, to many posts in a single session will likely result in some being removed.

D

DEVILRAISE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok wait a second now your scaring me. I love cards chat and quite frankly am becoming very addicted to it.seriously im really posting alot today just from sheer love of this site trust me. I have been over 50 and that is not a issue, and now your saying I can get the boots for to many posts? say it aint so. Im going to have to PM Q or xx now. you'll have to drag me out of here kicking and screaming...haha! I have been going all day writing reading and cant get enough of it.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok wait a second now your scaring me. I love cards chat and quite frankly am becoming very addicted to it.seriously im really posting alot today just from sheer love of this site trust me. I have been over 50 and that is not a issue, and now your saying I can get the boots for to many posts? say it aint so. Im going to have to PM Q or xx now. you'll have to drag me out of here kicking and screaming...haha! I have been going all day writing reading and cant get enough of it.

lol devil I noticed but I don't think you have anything to worry about your motives here I think are clear you want to be and are a member. It's just when someone new comes in and posts alot in one day its to get the 50 for the freerolls. pls don't take offense if you are new the mods have to keep their eyes open for this and if you spend some time here you will see why:)

B

brewdawg69

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol devil I noticed but I don't think you have anything to worry about your motives here I think are clear you want to be and are a member. It's just when someone new comes in and posts alot in one day its to get the 50 for the freerolls. pls don't take offense if you are new the mods have to keep their eyes open for this and if you spend some time here you will see why:)

I didn't think I had anything to worry about either. I didn't have any "lol" or "I agree" posts. They weren't stories, but they were always relevant and provided something to the discussion. But doing just over 50 posts in a single session then having to go to work would look fishy to anyone. I do, however, wonder if the posts are actually read before they delete them, bc I don't see why all of my posts jad to go. Now I'm having to refind threads and reput in my responses.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There you go brew 50 posts in a single session would do it. It kinda says "my objective is to find 50 things to post about so I can get into the freeroll" I am not a mod by any means but that statement gives me that take on it. I could be wrong but if you look around you will see why it may have been taken as such.

B

brewdawg69

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There you go brew 50 posts in a single session would do it. It kinda says "my objective is to find 50 things to post about so I can get into the freeroll" I am not a mod by any means but that statement gives me that take on it. I could be wrong but if you look around you will see why it may have been taken as such.

Don't get me wrong. I agree and understand with the decision. However, after getting over my initial anger I realized that if I stopped posting out of spite, all it would do would prove the mods right, whether they were or not (they weren't :) )