Disapointed in myself

I

Inscore77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I preach, preach, and preach brm, and I have yet to follow it. I had a very nice bankroll going from where I started and I have lost all my winnings plus more. At this point I'm just hoping I can salvage my roll. I thought about just entering some big tourneys this weekend, but decided after my bust in the CCOP that my entire roll was not worth it, as I would not be able to play at all. So, I'm going to play NOTHING except $1 sng's until I can afford to play .02/.05 again. I know I can beat the 18 player sng's, and thats pretty much all I will be playing. I'm sick with myself for letting this happen, and it wont happen again

Paw_kit Aces

Paw_kit Aces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens, learn and move on.

I

Inscore77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe it will help if you have a tight bankroll management. It sounds like a cliche but actually that provides 90% of your winnings.
I started out with extremely tight brm, but as time went on and I gained more money I started wanting to win larger amounts faster, so I began playing out of my limits. When I started my downswing, I was playing too high and it made the money loss worse. Had I been playing properly, I would probably already be over. But instead, I made a stupid mistake on trying to win it all back in one or 2 hits, and started playing even more out of my limits. I'm just honestly happy I still have a little money to play with and can grind back up

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do what i do and play ring games, then enter $5 32 man HU sng's with the profit, and proceed to lose. That way your bankroll stays nicely even at the same amount forever

I

Inscore77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do what i do and play ring games, then enter $5 32 man HU sng's with the profit, and proceed to lose. That way your bankroll stays nicely even at the same amount forever
.01/.02 isnt worth it, once I get back to a level I can play .02/.05 im going to play them again

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tbh i thought i was godlike at those tournies until i stopped running like the sun. My sharkscope graph has probably got a nice little hill on the end now

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This sounds exactly like me, except I do it on purpose because I get bored of following proper BRM...which is totally opposite of what I preach.

Actually what I do is start of with a set amount like $50-$100, then I'll follow good BRM and build it up slowly. But once I hit a goal BR, say $200, then I'll loosen up and play games out of my BR range with my profits. Not ridiculous stakes, but maybe one or two levels higher. Like if Im playing $5 SNGs, I'll jump to $10 SNGs.
Of course my goal is to make a win and make a huge jump in profits, but Im only putting what I've earned at risk. If I drop to my original starting BR, I have no problem with starting building it again.

I'd also like to add that I have no problems playing out of my BR range because Im only playing for fun and entertainment. I dont play a means of income or anything. If I make a big BR int he process, great. If not, I have not problems with starting from ground zero.

Last edited:
eagle jim

eagle jim

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is easy to get off your brm plan....as with anything the way in is easy, the way out is hard. I think we are all tempted to play outside our BR when we look at what winning (for example a $22.00 180 man sng) a big buy in tournament would do for our bankroll. We all desire to have a big bankroll but it is the discipline of proper bankroll management that will control our destiny. Hang in there, I know you can rebuild your bankroll and manage it properly. (Now if I can just do the same)

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
biggest bankroll killer = $3 rebuy

Disguises itself as a $3 tourny but costs at least $9 a night, a bit like jQ oooooooohhhhhhh, awsomely low

C

custo80

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
.01/.02 isnt worth it, once I get back to a level I can play .02/.05 im going to play them again

How much do you need to play .02/.05?
What will you buy-in for?
Do you play 1 table at a time or multi-tables?

Just curious as i'm hopefully moving to .02/.05 soon.

I

Inscore77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How much do you need to play .02/.05?
What will you buy-in for?
Do you play 1 table at a time or multi-tables?

Just curious as i'm hopefully moving to .02/.05 soon.
I'll probably start playing .02/.05 again at around $125-$150, and I usually play around 8-12 tables buying in at $5-$6

C

custo80

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Similar to me, im going to move at the $200 mark, buying in for $8-$10 at 4 tables then maybe increase. Good luck anyawys

I

Inscore77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The woes are over, check out my thread in the rail request section:D