Dobbler1

Dobbler1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
In poker there's obviously a few ways you can think about winning. Did you take the money in the pot? Then you won the hand. As I'm sure we all know, sometimes it takes nothing but luck to do that. You can also think about winning in terms of long term gains. I'm up for the day, so I won. You can do per/hour, etc.

I'm working on my post-flop game, and at one point today I put in a small value bet that was snapped called, and it felt a little like a loss. If he/she snap called for that much, I probably could have gotten more out of them. A number of hands later, I was very deliberate about my value bet sizing, and my opponent thought for a while and then called. That was a win for me. I got the sense that any more and they would have folded. Later, I got away from AK cheaply when I was out flopped (pretty sure), which is something I can't always do. Another win.

What are some less than obvious ways that you win at poker, regardless of if you take the ships in the pot?

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The concept of family sweat is very rare. This is a bank claimed by several participants.Its synonym is better known-multiway.Prize-a payout in a tournament event,the amount of which depends on the place taken or additional rewards.Kush is a slang term for a pot taken by the winner of a hand.Winrate is the amount earned by a player for a specific period or number of hands at cash tables.