difference between 20 and 100 dolar buyin tournaments

sisko

sisko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i normally play 5-10-20 dolar buy in tournaments. my highest buy in was 40 dolar. i get not bad results i think. for those who constantly play 100 and higher tournaments, is there a significant difference between 20 dolar and 100 dolar or higher buyin tournaments in players quality and gameplay ? if anyone tried thousand dolar buyin, i would like to hear it : )

M

metzyman06

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played in a 25k invite only tourny of about 100 people. and everyone was playin really tight, top 15 were paid, luckily i got 4 and got about 3.5k

C

chadherczeg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the higher the buy in the higher the percentage of quality players is going to be, unless it is a huge event like FTOPS or WCOOP or the sunday guarantees. then you get both callibers. But in a regular game i have noticed that you still have the rich donkeys but you also have more winning players. I'm sure that is not a real keen observation but an observation none the less. No matter where you go you will always see stupid players whether the buy in is 10000 dollars or a dollar. The key is finding these players and stealing their chips so that you have an adavantage over the players that play at the same level as you. hopefully this answers your question.

C

cheezepoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never played $100 but in my experience $10 tournaments have the best players. Maybe because thats what I play most often, but I don't run in too near as many players playing j6 suited thats for sure.

A

AcesLA07

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My br on FT is not very big as I'm just young and don't have that much money. I always play micro stakes but have wanted to try bigger buy-in tournaments as I think I would have more success. I'll keep my eye on this post to hear from other's experiences.

H

hockeyaddict

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play free rolls and 10 cent tournies mainly and they are crapy players but some times i splurge and play 5 dollor tournies and a much higher quality of players so been afaid to go to 10 to 100 online. I got no problem live playing higher stakes because i can mess with people heads.