Devil vs. The Dogs II: this time, minus trolls

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alright lets try this again. This thread is here for updates and such regarding the heads-up challenge matches between four dogs and myself. Due to trolls, I asked Nick to close the last one and let it go away. Hopefully we can all be adults this time.

If you don't care about this match, don't bother posting, we don't care that you, er...don't care. If you don't think heads-up is an indicator of talent, keep it to yourself, we don't care. Go start a thread on the lack of talent needed to win at heads-up poker, then call NBC and see if you can get on the next National Heads-Up Championship. If you have anything negative to say, say it to yourself, and refrain from typing it here, this thread is for discussing this matchup only. Keep all the other crap out.

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well i care and i wish you both good luck. well i would have to say 60% to 40 % i have to go with four dogs cause hes from Ma. my home state ( u no support your home team lol ) but whoever wins good luck and good cards and keep us updated on the match>>> buckster436

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks Buck. But I suggest that we close this whole topic here and now. My interest in it, and probably that of the other members, is disproportionate with its leangth. No more posts, no more polls. We all know the 2 of us are going heads-up on Friday. For anyone who's interested, Diablo and I will post the details here and we look forward to your support. Anyone who could give a rats ass is free to ignore it. Like Diablo, I'm willing to put the winnings of our match, not the wager, to another single heads-up match against another contributing member. I'll let you all decide who that should be.
As a side bar,I would be interested in seeing some discussion on the possibility of a heads up tournament consisting of cardschat members only, and that, in my opinion, is where this whole thing should be leading.Thoughts anyone?

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree about the heads up match, site wide, and agree that this thread should be used strictly for the updating of the match information. The poll was only posted because a member requested it, and if Nick wants to close it, I don't care. Looking forward to Friday.

Nick

Nick

CC
Administrator
Total posts
Chips
The whole "minus trolls" bit was a bit pointless, everyone has their right to say when they want as long as it isn't offensive, but adding that to the title just provokes the people who you are talking about even more.

There are no 'trolls' on these forums... if there were, they'd have been banned a long long time ago. We're all a community, so lets act like it, no more ranting and raving :)

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any forum I have ever been on, or am a member of considers a troll, someone who posts in a thread, not contributing to that particular thread. There were two different threads, one poll and the original to this one, both of which had members who had nothing positive to say posting in the thread, serving absolutely no purpose. Twizz giving a discertation on why heads-up poker doesn't prove talent in a thread specifically about a heads-up match in one. And RammerJammer posting that I left off two options from the poll I posted (don't know, and don't care). Neither of the two posters were contributing in any way whatsoever. If that isn't trolling, I don't know what is. That is why I added the comment in the title and asked you to just close the original one. They both got cluttered up with garbage from people trolling. Lots of the posts were from forum members that were interested and supportive. Only a few negative posters posting a few negative posts ruined them (one of which was completely uninformed to the point of lunacy). But, whatever, I'm over it and won't comment anymore unless I am addressed personally.

*EDIT*
Something that was suppose to be fun and lighthearted, and good for the forum has turned into a pain in the ass. It doesn't even seem worth the freakin' trouble it has caused.

Last edited:
twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First and foremost, I apologize because I made a promise not to respond to this thread. However, enough is enough!

#1 Nick specifically asked and I quote "If you want to continue this subject start a new thread, "Head Up Match, the deliv vs the dogs part 2". I'd like to point out one thing.... we're all a community here, in order to function we all need to get along and stay "relaxed", no tension, no bad feelings. Please, do not get into wars of words!

Any forum I have ever been on, or am a member of considers a troll, someone who posts in a thread, not contributing to that particular thread. There were two different threads, one poll and the original to this one, both of which had members who had nothing positive to say posting in the thread, serving absolutely no purpose.
In your OPINION
Once again do you wish to be the kettle or the pot because they are both black. Don't go throwing stones when you live in a glass house. To reiterate just a bit, wasn't you the one who implied that everyone on this forum sucks all because you have no faith that we could actually beat a pro in a heads up hold-em game?
Then to iterate this further weren't you the one who took the subject off topic when I just gave my opinion about "Heads Up" but yet you were the one who brought the pro players into the mix?? Ops forgot that didn't you?

Twizz giving a discertation on why heads-up poker doesn't prove talent in a thread specifically about a heads-up match in one.
I have to roll my eyes at this part. Just because a Moderator gave his opinion about the heads up aspect doesn't make me wrong. I actually came up with proof (reading) which you didn't apparently take the time to read. Yet for some odd reason you commented on Michele who made the sarcastic humor remark about the ALL-IN magazine that I was quoting from.

Neither of the two posters were contributing in any way whatsoever. If that isn't trolling, I don't know what is. There you go again, but this time you can be the POT because that is blacker then the kettle.

That is why I added the comment in the title and asked you to just close the original one. They both got cluttered up with garbage from people trolling.
There goes glass breaking on your house. You tossed the stone the wrong way.

Lots of the posts were from forum members that were interested and supportive. Only a few negative posters posting a few negative posts ruined them (one of which was completely uninformed to the point of lunacy). But, whatever, I'm over it and won't comment anymore unless I am addressed personally.

Ha Ha! Lots? I would say some but not lots considering we have over 1000+ members on on this site. Did I see that correctly? You are actually admiitting to being informed?
Be still my beating heart! You actually admit when you make a mistake even though this admittance is in the form of getting the last word. Your ego just won't let you let someone else have control. Stop throwing your little tantrum and act like an adult for once. Because if you were over it, you wouldn't have had the need to say something. Sorry that you aren't in full control and that not everyone likes you while holding you in the full spotlight. You aren't the Grand Pooba, You aren't a God, You aren't the word(where what you type is the law), and get this through your head. Cockiness and an inflated ego doesn't equal respect and recognition.

Something that was suppose to be fun and lighthearted, and good for the forum has turned into a pain in the ass. It doesn't even seem worth the freakin' trouble it has caused.

This is because you jump around thinking everyone should look at you all because you scream "look at me! look at me". You are in dire need of attention, which reminds me of the cat that always likes to be patted. If you don't pat it, the cat will bug you until you do. Won't leave you alone, rubs your legs, hands, and arms until you pat it. Just because you don't give it attention doesn't mean you don't respect or recognize him/her.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow! That post above me looks long. I wonder what it says? Looks like a contract or somethin'.

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL, I'm not going to dignify it with a response. Euphamisms and metaphors, a point do not make.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you.. it is about time you stopped wanting to be in the spotlight and lets hope you can finally let the old dog lie.

Then again you are probably going to want to get in the last word as usuall. It is in your nature to kick a laying dog. Another metaphor just for you "stiring the pot".

I wouldn't worry to much anyway because you will get last word. I am driving home, got family stuff to take care of. I won't be online for a little while again. This thread will die with your last word(at least for everyones sake, I hope it dies). This way you can even make another chest pumping thread, do what you need to on Friday and go on your merry way All without having to worrying about the spotlight being taken away from you or your cherished overblown cocky ego being attacked.

I can however see why you won't dignify it with a response because you know that the kettle is black. :)

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I formally announce the name for this match. We are all waiting for the DEVILDOG THROWDOWN to commence. I'm taking bets.

MicheleW

MicheleW

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can't we all just get along?

Can't we have a difference of opinion calmly without name calling and going into tirades?

I think we can. :D

And if a little humor cannot be sprinkled within the posts, what a sad forum this would be.

Devilpoker78

Devilpoker78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey no trolls Michele. Just kidding. I believe we can, and we will! Nothing less will be tolerated. If so god help this forum no one will stay. Lighten up a bit huh guys please?

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm light. I have refrained from posting a rebuttal to the posts in this thread specifically for that reason. I will be the first person to admit that I have an ego. I will also defend my statements when I am right, and I don't make it a habit to speak on subjects upon which I am uninformed. I have done nothing but try to help people and to improve this already great forum, and will continue to do so.

C

Combusto Broad

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to let you all in on a little secret. I know I shouldn't but I cant help myself. The night my dog plays the devil, I will not be able to be by his side ( I will be in Texas visiting family). This is going to prove a great hardship for my dog as I will not be here to fufill his every beck and call. He will have to get his own beer, he will have to warm up the cheeze whiz for his nachos and he will have to turn on the computer and land on the right site for the tourney. But worst of all dear readers, he will have to figure out how to play his hands all by himself. So go ahead, bet against him, vote against him. This is not a fair fight....my poor little doggie.

MicheleW

MicheleW

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now if he wins ... what will you say?? LOL

Personally, I don't like anyone around me when I'm playing - don't like distractions. :)

diabloblanco

diabloblanco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So you were the ringer all along, huh? I figured he had to have a proverbial "ace in the hole." To even it up, I promise to play with one hand tied behind my back.