Desktop VS Laptop

Do You Prefer Using Your Desktop or Laptop?

• Desktop

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Laptop

Votes: 33 60.0%
  • Either

Votes: 6 10.9%

• Total voters
suit2please

suit2please

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think in a couple of years desktops are just going to be replaced by laptops in homes.

I doubt it. They both have their uses. Laptops are not very upgradeable and never as powerful as a desktop. Plus people do use computers for gaming and laptops just do not come close in that aspect.

NBA2K10ROCKETS

NBA2K10ROCKETS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I doubt it. They both have their uses. Laptops are not very upgradeable and never as powerful as a desktop. Plus people do use computers for gaming and laptops just do not come close in that aspect.

yeah true i never thought about their graphics cards etc. Also i think desktop computers are probably slightly faster than laptop since they directly connected to the modem and laptop are connected wirelessly.

D

dan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
desk top my 26 inch monitor is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

poKerPlayer2oo9

poKerPlayer2oo9

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm playing on Pc.I think is good because you have to sit on chair and a Laptop you can stay everywhere.I preffer the Pc ! But this my option :D

P

PJJH

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Desktop because most of the time you can have a bigger monitor, which means easier multitabling.

suit2please

suit2please

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah true i never thought about their graphics cards etc. Also i think desktop computers are probably slightly faster than laptop since they directly connected to the modem and laptop are connected wirelessly.

Well that would really depend on your connection. The reality is that wireless G can go faster than 95%+ (personal estimate) of the broadband connections in the US and thats the old wireless. Wireless N can theoretically go twice as fast up to 108 Megabits a second, I really don't know of any ISP that is giving out that much speed, maybe in sweden. But when you get to going that fast it comes down to your hardware, whether or not your drives can read/write fast enough to keep up.

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm trying to figure out which type of computer to get since my laptop decided to be done after 3 1/2 years. Is a laptop still the way to go over desktop?

IcyBlueAce

IcyBlueAce

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips

Not true at all and most desktops come with a wireless card anyway in the first place.

M

MAX101

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
MY DESK TOP HAS A 23INCH SCREEN OH IN HD ALSO,its away from the tv room so nobody bothers me!!! heck I've rented dvd's and just watched them on my desk top!my bose speakers with subwoofer can thump it out to lol, nothing like everybody in the house yelling at u to turn the volume down lol, try that with your laptop!!!

I

Intense

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to play on my laptop for 1 reason. I can bring my laptop wherever I want with me. I tend to get hungry when playing in tourneys, and I don't always want to wait for breaks. Now that I have a laptop, I can carry it with me into the kitchen and grab something to eat while still playing poker. I hate to sitout and miss hands when I'm focused on trying to win a tourney.

Prof_Kush

Prof_Kush

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like both of them for different reasons, but definitly play on laptop more.
Laptop
1. You can poop and play.
2. My laptop is way faster and newer than my old destop.
3. All of my player notes are on laptop.
Desktop
1. Bigger screen.
2. 4 tables are way bigger on desktop than laptop.
3.Can fit 9 tables with no overlapping, 12 with semi-overlapping, 16 is managable with alot of overlapping.

I rarely use my desktop anymore, don't really need more than 6 tables up at a time. Seems when I add more than 6, I lose more than win lol.

As for the concentration part, that's all up to you. I can sit on my desktop, watch tv, run into the kitchen to get water, or run to the bathroom really quik. But that never guarantees I am not gonna put AA in the muck if I don't get back in time. I have missed hands on the laptop too, though, because carrying it around is a hassle sometimes.

So to conclude, you really need to be distraction free at all times, whether on the laptop or desktop. I always seem to do much better during a tournament/session if I get a HUGE glass of water, ashtray, lighter, cigs, gnob(backwards), and 420 within arms reach, and have eaten before the tournament/session. With the exception of during a tournament they have the 5 minute break, sometimes i'll refill my H20 or grab a snack. AND with the laptop I can sit in the comfort of my own bed and do all this, and definitly with the tv off for the best results.
I agree with almost all of what he said... especially the 420 part. It not a major difference to me. When Im on the desktop my pitbull wont stay away from me, so thats get hectic after two hours in a tourney while being licked. ( and not the lickingi prefer.)

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer a laptop so I can have mobility & can sit in my lazy boy.

RoyalFish

RoyalFish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Desktop.
With a 30 in screen.
In bed.

RF

IcyBlueAce

IcyBlueAce

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
MY DESK TOP HAS A 23INCH SCREEN OH IN HD ALSO,its away from the tv room so nobody bothers me!!! heck I've rented dvd's and just watched them on my desk top!my bose speakers with subwoofer can thump it out to lol, nothing like everybody in the house yelling at u to turn the volume down lol, try that with your laptop!!!

What speakers do you have for your desktop? I'll go out and buy them, then plug those in my laptop just like you did with your desktop.

Pwnd?:joyman:

willie beaman

willie beaman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It doesn't matter what type of computer you use if you are not focused when playing. Laptops allow you the freedom to do alot of things which can be a distraction due to the possibility of so many things going on. At any rate, focus on the game and you'll recover.

M

MAX101

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ICEBLUE there BOSE price wasnt that bad sub is optional but get it tell me what there like when the throne calls LOL :D

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Desktop for sure.

Bigger screen, far more upgradable, nicer keyboard, better everything really. Plus a lot more bang for your buck.

salim271

salim271

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use my laptop most of the time, sometimes i just play with my mind though ;) i always win with my mind...

NBA2K10ROCKETS

NBA2K10ROCKETS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i hate my laptop right now my charger for it is kind of messed up and i have to position it in the right way for it to charge my laptop so i have to constantly worry about that while i play poker, that is the last thing i want to worry about when i am playing for cash. hopefully when i get my new laptop i'll be able to play better.

salim271

salim271

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the days are over when you can make a quick thousand online from a few dollars. Money is tighter atm and the fishier types seem to have moved on. Much harder now than even eighteen months ago to stay ahead desktop or laptop.

That darn recession scared all the fish away... :/ lol.

salim271

salim271

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i hate my laptop right now my charger for it is kind of messed up and i have to position it in the right way for it to charge my laptop so i have to constantly worry about that while i play poker, that is the last thing i want to worry about when i am playing for cash. hopefully when i get my new laptop i'll be able to play better.

You too??? Do you have an HP? I have the same problem... if i don't keep the pluggy thing up with my leg sitting indian style it gets out and goes to battery... which is bad because my battery wont stay charged.... :/

S

shnish

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
abosutely a laptop and what makes it even better is a wireless connection with it. Go anywhere, anytime... Dont have to wait for the break to get something done...

NBA2K10ROCKETS

NBA2K10ROCKETS

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You too??? Do you have an HP? I have the same problem... if i don't keep the pluggy thing up with my leg sitting indian style it gets out and goes to battery... which is bad because my battery wont stay charged.... :/

yeah i do have an HP.