Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Is it possible to dedicate yourself solely to poker?
If a person intends to become a professional and make poker his main source of income, he will have to dedicate a good part of his time to studies.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would say no, but I am sure that is not the right answer. If you're asking if one can dedicate them Self to becoming a professional poker player, that would be possible.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One day there comes a time when you realize that you are tired of poker. A week of rest - and everything is fine!

TruthFruit

TruthFruit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
If the question is : can I become a professional player and make a living out of it, then yes, you will definitely have to dedicate yourself to practice/play, but also to study. I was watching a Jonathan Little video, and he was saying that when he started, he was playing around 6 to 8 hours every day, and then study another 5-6 hours daily. He, however, had to chance to work a night surveillance shift where he didn't have much to do except to read

ttorquemada

ttorquemada

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
If a person intends to become a professional and make poker his main source of income, he will have to dedicate a good part of his time to studies.
As a professional poker player, can you maintain a good, stable lifestyle?

Ingryd

Ingryd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What can I study to improve? I have theoretical knowledge, but sometimes I get lost in the game and end up making very grotesque mistakes

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Is it possible to dedicate yourself solely to poker?
I think it's not going to be the most interesting life, to be honest. But it's easy to combine poker and personal life. You just have to prioritize and limit your time playing poker. I think a lot of people who play poker live like that. :unsure:

R

Rmi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
If you study a lot, yes it is. Poker without studying doesn't take you anywhere, but by studying you can make a living from poker without a problem.

ttorquemada

ttorquemada

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
What can I study to improve? I have theoretical knowledge, but sometimes I get lost in the game and end up making very grotesque mistakes
Well I'm going to give you a list of tips from my experience on how to improve.

Well I'm going to give you a list of tips from my experience on how to improve.
Are you more focused on online or offline poker?

Are you more focused on online or offline poker?
In face-to-face poker, after a certain amount of study time, it is important to dedicate some time to your presence at the table.

nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Two things to start with:

1. Check out our poker training course here at CardsChat: https://www.cardschat.com/poker/strategy/become-a-winning-poker-player/

That's a great place to start.

2. Posting hand histories on the forum is another great way to improve. You show how you played a hand, and others can tell you where you might be able to improve.