Chips
Thanks for stopping by and for commenting on the blog, Nick. +1

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
another one worth looking into is savvypoker. they're offering first month free or something and they have ansky imo

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
7 days free with your credit card #...

Mike Matusow...:)

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
zach im pretty sure they have a 30 day money back garentee. I signed up and didnt even realize my 30 days were up coz after the first video i was hooked.

The information availiable is phonomenal. Plus you get to actually see it being put into play which i find really helps it stick and makes the concepts easier to understand.

Your at 100nl now right? dont make the sill move and be too tight to forfeit 1.5 buy ins of your roll for the 6mnth subscription as it will easily pay for itself.

just as a personal aside i was roughly 5-6ptbb/100 16 tabling 25nl before i joined stox and after when i didnt do silly things and bust myself i was running at 7-8ptbb/100 20-24 tabling 25nl. These stats were over 30k hands so significant ebnough at those levels.

Also I know how you analyse thing mathmaticaly, Bryce has the greatest math videos I have seen on poker ev. His style of play was to work out the most profitable line against an opponent and use that to exploit them.

i can say enough how much the site has improved me, and chucks review is a very good outline of what your getting in for.

M

Michelle5000

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oh i'm so tempted...even if i'm a nanolimits player. I saw your review chuck and i can't find Kyle Hendon's free video on c/bs? anyone got the link. hah i'm just bein idle..i've just tried a quick search on google but no joy. I just watched Ed miller's a micro limits and it was insightful.

hmm a $600 nanolimits BR and it might be worth the investment in the long run. I might cash out at PP and donate it to stox and the boys. Nice review chucky and did stox give u a free 6months for endorsing his site? :)

hmmm I'll have to give this some thought.

Infamous1020

Infamous1020

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
id def. recommend either Stox or PXF

W

WhodeyX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Another great site for this sort of information is CardRunners. Definitely a little pricy but it has some of the best/most detailed videos you will find on the internet. Their players are well-known (especially their cash game players) and have been consistent winners for years. They also just signed a contract with FTP. I don't know if FTP is pushing for their users to try and use CardRunners but it is not a bad way to go at all. I'm about to start my membership back up.

B

bw07507

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I purchased stox the other day and haven't gotten to watch too many vids, but the ones I have seen are top notch. Only thing is after I watch a video I almost always try to make too many plays which dont work at microstakes.

Y

Yun

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello guys,
you almost convinced me to get a Stox account.
Just one question: is this possible to download some videos off their site, and watch them later on, offline ? For my job I have to travel quite a lot and I have lots of free time, would love to improve my game, then come back home and be better.

Thanks.

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yun, thats possible aslong as you get the license while connected to the net.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, basically after downloading the actual video, you have to let it download the media rights (takes 2 seconds) and click an 'ok' button, then after that you can watch it offline if you want.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you're misunderstanding, yun.

In order to get the videos from their site to your computer, you have to download them (obviously ;)). The first time you play the video, you must be connected to the internet. It's like you're unlocking the video, then after that you don't need to be connected in order to watch it as the DRM security feature has already been unlocked.

So no, you don't need to be connected to watch the videos, but in order to unlock them you do (so just do it right after you download them).

Y

Yun

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Haaaaaaa Thank you for your clear answer ChuckTs.
OK I'm convinced! :) Now I finally have something poker related (other than reading books, very tiring after a hard day of work) when I'm away.
Great, thanks!

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Checked Stoxpoker out today using the 24hr free pass I picked up at the wsop expo.

Just want to note, it's SIX MAX ONLY:

Stox 6max only

That being said, lots (most?) of the commentary seems to be applicable to FR.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Checked Stoxpoker out today using the 24hr free pass I picked up at the wsop expo.

Just want to note, it's SIX MAX ONLY:

View attachment 12378

That being said, lots (most?) of the commentary seems to be applicable to FR.

This is more or less true, but there are actually ~5 FR videos, including one released in the last few days.

icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I've pretty much held the belief that Stox is a great site if you are a player for 6max cash games. FRers definitely not.