Dealer Ruined My Play in Freeroll Tournament

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
In cash games dealers are smarter just like the players are and never do this EVER.

Yet another issue with tournaments and the ridiculous amount of luck involved.

P

pietpikel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing at Delaware Park in their $5,000 freeroll tournament on Thursday when the wheels fell off the train for me due to a dealer 'purposely' exposing my hand to the rest of the table. I looked down at King-Queen suited in the big blind. Action came around to me after 2 people called and I pushed All-In with about 8 BBs left. Everyone folded. The chips were pushed towards me and I threw my hand in Face Down. As I was looking down stacking the chips, the person to my left said "So that's the type of BS hands you go All-In on?" I looked up and the dealer exposed my hand as he had those 2 cards in his hand. I am fuming !! I called for the TD as this is now putting me at a unfair disadvantage. The TD does nothing and lets the tournament continue with 13 players left. 5 hands later, I pushed All-In with Pocket 10s. The player now to my right said "You still pushing with garbage hands? You have a weaker hand than me." He calls and turns over Ace-Queen Suited. He hits Trip Queens on the flop and eliminates me in 12th Place.
1010 JJ versus AQ AK is a standard race in tournament play. Both of you have a valid case for going all in. It is just a coin flip, especially late in a tourn where people are shoving with moderate to good hands. Even if the dealer had not exposed your KQ, he still would have called with AQ suited, even more so if you were substantially outstacked.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In cash games dealers are smarter just like the players are and never do this EVER.

Yet another issue with tournaments and the ridiculous amount of luck involved.

You do understand that most dealers work both tournaments and cash games, right? They're the same people.

widron2s

widron2s

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You shouldn't be mad if a dealer exposes your hand tbh. When it comes to push/shove, you can show all your hands in hopes that someone tilt calls you with absolute junk or a flipping hand.