Data Management???

Philo Betto420

Philo Betto420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been lurking the forums and found that alot of poker forums have a thread in them. I might have missed that one here so Im gonna ask... Is a Data Management System worth looking in to??? Are they legal and accepted practice??? And do they work??? Also how do they help me as a player???

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go get pokertracker 3 or holdem manager. They will do for what you ask.

Philo Betto420

Philo Betto420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So after one reply...

I have been lurking the forums and found that alot of poker forums have a thread in them. I might have missed that one here so Im gonna ask... Is a Data Management System worth looking in to??? Are they legal and accepted practice??? And do they work??? Also how do they help me as a player???

Ok so there are people here using Data management systems... Now I ask How do these things work I have read a little but dont know witch one to get I mostly am a tourney player Can any one give feed back on the two main systems???

JaBone30

JaBone30

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been wonderin the smae thing so I'll b monitorin ur thread to sse whats said. Lookin foward to some feed back.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes there defenetly worth it both for the in play help(stats on all villains) and the great post game analysis fetures.
They are legal and accepted practice if your using a legal one,Poker Tracker 3 and Holdem Manager are the leading brands and there legal to use but programs liks Poker Edge is banned by most(all?) poker sites cause it uses a shared database instead of just hands you where involved in.
Here you can find a list of legal and banned programs http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/prohibited/

JaBone30

JaBone30

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats good to know, thanks sindri. I looked up the HM on google and u have to buy it, so now my ? is, is worth it to buy the more exp. one or does it matter? And is there any other way to get it other than the sing up for an acount and get a free version after 400pp?

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats good to know, thanks sindri. I looked up the HM on google and u have to buy it, so now my ? is, is worth it to buy the more exp. one or does it matter? And is there any other way to get it other than the sing up for an acount and get a free version after 400pp?
They only diffrence beetwen cheap and expensive version afaik is that the cheaper one only works for 2NL-50Nl and 1$-11$ tournements.
HEM also has a free 15day trial(i think it was 15 days not sure exactly thou) and PT3 has a 60day free trial.
So just try them both out and see what u think.
If u decited not to buy them there is a completly free hud called realtime you can try also.
It doesnt have the analysis options HEM and PT3 has but its a great tool i used to use before i got PT3.

Edit: might whant to check out this link if you have any more questions https://www.cardschat.com/forum/general-poker-13/pokertracker-reference-thread-99765/ ;)

JaBone30

JaBone30

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you very much sindri was exactly the info lookin for.

Philo Betto420

Philo Betto420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes there defenetly worth it both for the in play help(stats on all villains) and the great post game analysis fetures.
They are legal and accepted practice if your using a legal one,Poker Tracker 3 and Holdem Manager are the leading brands and there legal to use but programs liks Poker Edge is banned by most(all?) poker sites cause it uses a shared database instead of just hands you where involved in.
Here you can find a list of legal and banned programs http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/prohibited/

Thank you sindri This is exactly the awnser I was lookin for... Hope to see you at the tables... I will be there lots more due to the fact my job fell thru...

Philo Betto420

Philo Betto420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok So Im gonna try

I have found a product Im gonna try... Holdem Indicator... Any one else try this one??? Like it??? Dislike it??? Good??? Bad??? Cooth or uncooth???

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have found a product Im gonna try... Holdem Indicator... Any one else try this one??? Like it??? Dislike it??? Good??? Bad??? Cooth or uncooth???

Holdem Indicator is a good program for a beginner. It is much less sophisticated than Holdem Manager and lacks the post-game analysis features but is easier to set up.

Philo Betto420

Philo Betto420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like it so far...

Holdem Indicator is a good program for a beginner. It is much less sophisticated than Holdem Manager and lacks the post-game analysis features but is easier to set up.

So far its working for what I need and is much easier to set up that the PokerTracker or Holdem Manager... Im not the computer genius I would like to be... Love your Sig... lol...