Daniel Negreanu's favourite hand

D

da_goat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think many players will play a less than stellar hand like 9 7 and have a real memorable moment with it and fall in love with a hand like that.
I myself like to mess around with 3 5 every once in a while. If you raise with that hand and hit something like A 2 4 or even K 5 5, you can get richly rewarded.

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I always cringe when I fold from the big blind to a min raise when there are others seeing the flop as well. I don't like spewing my chips away, but whenever I see the big blind special hits the flop I wish I had paid an extra BB to take someone's stack. Sometimes I get TOO tight with my hand range when I shouldn't.

Daniel's favorite hand maybe 107, but I think my favorite is 27o. Every now and then I get a good laugh raising 27o (unopened pot) from the dealer position and stealing pots with it.

D

da_goat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I always cringe when I fold from the big blind to a min raise when there are others seeing the flop as well. I don't like spewing my chips away, but whenever I see the big blind special hits the flop I wish I had paid an extra BB to take someone's stack. Sometimes I get TOO tight with my hand range when I shouldn't.

Daniel's favorite hand maybe 107, but I think my favorite is 27o. Every now and then I get a good laugh raising 27o (unopened pot) from the dealer position and stealing pots with it.

My buddy, James, loves the 27o as well.

C

cytochrome

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
my friend loves J4o..going crazy when start to play it

ZENIZEN

ZENIZEN

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I think the beauty of some of those so called favorite hands is you typically know EXACTLY where you stand when the cards start coming out. Also If you can see a really cheap showdown with cards like that you can put the fear of LAG into a table . The point about stealing blinds with those hands is that your decisions suddenly become easy . Your not gonna spew an even larger amount of chips later in the hand by taking your bluff too far.If your Cbet or float fails your done . Just my thoughts on it.

Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.
Sun Tzu

Last edited:
romych007

romych007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the favorite hand
Negreanu AA since it he
manages to lose a very bad
hand using slow play

heroinsnattaren

heroinsnattaren

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All I know is JCarver's favourite hand is 35s because he won a big ass pot with it back when he was starting out, so maybe there's a similar backstory for Negreanu's alleged T7 hand.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've seen several videos where Daniel claims 10-7 is his favourite hand and could play it 'all day long' and seen him lose as many as he wins. Regardless what he plays, I do enjoy watching him.

bredstik

bredstik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always enjoy watching Negreanu as well. I thought he debunked that 10-7 was his favorite hand, but he definitely plays some middle of the road hands and seems to have much better success at doing so than I ever have.

arizoney

arizoney

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yup ive heard daniel say the 10 7 was his favorite hand but i really believe its his right hand for sure lmao

ccocco

ccocco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he puts more to mislead the contrary, besides making jokes all the time at the table where plays. He is a great player and maybe have that hand 10.2 but I played in a way that makes you believe you have AA. lol

L

luisexy69

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think that every and that is suited, and every hand that have low cards, he plays, this seing what is happening, before him, and see the table, how playing.

veronica

veronica

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ja apparently are all hands negreannu favorite because 9-6 also said to be his favorite hand.

strokin07

strokin07

Kindly Gladiator
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Daniel Negreanu

I remember my favorite hand Daniel Negreanu was 75 popravte if I'm wrong.:argh:

P

PAYtheLEGEND

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
107 is garbage idk why he likes that hand so much if they are suited i dont mind seeing a flop but i dont go crazy with the hand

Jungle Jelly

Jungle Jelly

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
He plays many hands. His small ball approach and post flop play have been helpful for him. He likes to mix it up. think his success relies on the fact the game is dynamic and you need to change it up and not remain stagnant.

LeeCallaghan

LeeCallaghan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
10/7? interesting hand. thanks for sharing btw what is your information?

strokin07

strokin07

Kindly Gladiator
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
More depends on what comes on the flop well and endpoint put the river.

adamchikas

adamchikas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay, so this might be a little bizarre theory but, what are the chances, that definetly the biggest ambasador of the game and the face of online money making company PS, just washes brains of plenty of fish online, so that they get to play this shitty hand more. Call me stupid.

pcgnome

pcgnome

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm very certain that he has said that 10-7s is his favorite hand. It's an okay drawing hand in late position, and easy to get away from if your playing it in early position. Say the board flops 8-9-J. How would any of your opponents know that you have a straight? There's a possibility to win a big pot with these types of suited connectors, but the opportunities don't come very often.

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I remmember i watch video where he say 10 9 is favorite cards.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands