Daniel Negreanu: Isildur1 is better than me

TopJimmy99

TopJimmy99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel sure is a class act. Takes his lumps very well. Can't say we'd be hearing the same from Phil Hellmuth....that guy doesnt know how to lose classy...

Haha, I'd like to see what he would have written.

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I'm glad I was wrong. Amazing comeback by DN. That was really cool to see.

xXSmuggla

xXSmuggla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are u being sarcastic?:eek:

Well DN won, VB left in a hurry lol..

Haha no actually i wasn't, but it worked out. I know awhile ago there was suspicion that isildur was VB because of his actions in a live tourny (i think it was the wsop but not sure). I haven't really been paying attention to him this year so i was curios, im guessing by your response that he is VB, Thanks!

mrmonkey

mrmonkey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha no actually i wasn't, but it worked out. I know awhile ago there was suspicion that isildur was VB because of his actions in a live tourny (i think it was the wsop but not sure). I haven't really been paying attention to him this year so i was curios, im guessing by your response that he is VB, Thanks!

It was pretty huge news... pokerstars signed Isildur1 then had a big "reveal" that he was in fact Viktor Blom. He is now a member of Team Pokerstars.

G

gtrippp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm glad I was wrong about him being able to beat him, too. Just shows that DN is the best poker player, IN THE WORLD, as far as I'm concerned.

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm glad I was wrong about him being able to beat him, too. Just shows that DN is the best poker player, IN THE WORLD, as far as I'm concerned.

Even DN thinks Blom is still better than him. He said as much after the match. Don't forget that even with Daniel's win this week, he's down like 130K to Blom. I like DN and he is a great player but if the the two of them kept doing this Blom would take Daniel's lunch money and make him cry :). Daniel finally caught some breaks at the end of the match, started running like God and made an unlikely comeback. Blom is still much better imo.

M

mrmood6007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey, at least Daniel is able to admit something like that. How many professional poker players can you imagine ever admitting a statement like that? They wouldn't!!! This is why I appreciate Daniel's style of poker, he is brutally honest about his own play, along with other players, and is never afraid to admit that he still has a lot of learning to do. One of the best in the game!

G

gtrippp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even DN thinks Blom is still better than him. He said as much after the match. Don't forget that even with Daniel's win this week, he's down like 130K to Blom. I like DN and he is a great player but if the the two of them kept doing this Blom would take Daniel's lunch money and make him cry :). Daniel finally caught some breaks at the end of the match, started running like God and made an unlikely comeback. Blom is still much better imo.
yeah, but did u see how VB ran against HIM to get up that far? In both the 1st match and beginning of the 2nd match, VB got REALLY lucky. DN even said he can't believe how good VB runs against him.

mrmonkey

mrmonkey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah, but did u see how VB ran against HIM to get up that far? In both the 1st match and beginning of the 2nd match, VB got REALLY lucky. DN even said he can't believe how good VB runs against him.

Is there anywhere to get a rundown of the big hands, other than PTR? Did PTR track the entire two sessions?

G

gtrippp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is there anywhere to get a rundown of the big hands, other than PTR? Did PTR track the entire two sessions?
I really don't know, but we're talkin about 1,439 hands in the 1st match and 2,502 hands in the re-match. That's a lot of freakin hands to check out. This article ( http://www.pokerstarsblog.com/2011/superstar-showdown-a-resurgent-negreanu-079807.html )did a pretty good job of summing up the re-match, or at least I'm assuming it did. No way of knowing for sure since I didn't watch it.

@DJ11: Man, u were right when u said that if anybody can figure VB out, then DN can. He must not be the only one, tho. Before he beat DN for 150k, he was down about 500k for the year, so far.

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't know much about Isildur1 but Danny is still one hell of a poker player. I play on Full Tilt more often and I prefer it, but I think there is no better spokesman for a poker site than what Daniel Negreanu does for Pokerstars.

isaac

isaac

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's time again time for Viktor "Isildur1" Blom and Daniel Negreanu to sit down with $150,000 each at four $50/$100 No Limit Holdem tables and play 2,500 hands (or until someone has lost his entire bankroll). Daniel Negreanu lost the previous match in just 1439 hands and wrote on twitter that he was extremely unlucky, is very hungry for revenge and probably better prepared this time.

3pm today.....should be interesting :)

Go Daniel!!!!!!!! :party:

yes. go daniel, does isuldur only exclusively play on pokerstars now, and not any live games?

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Don't know much about Isildur1 but Danny is still one hell of a poker player. I play on Full Tilt more often and I prefer it, but I think there is no better spokesman for a poker site than what Daniel Negreanu does for Pokerstars.

Great work Dusty.

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great article Dusty. Thanks for sharing. Also, while I agree that Daniel is a great ambassador for the game, don't sell yourself short either. I think, that you are a major inspiration for online players with your work ethic and consistent success. Keep up the great work.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Daniel knew about his upcoming adventure, and I can't imagine any non space pro not being total distracted by it.

Kudo's to him doing that good, with that secret in his mind.

illphillllllll

illphillllllll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
great article dusty, always interested in anything you write. was a bit surprised at all the replies of how good DN is in this thread, admittedly way better then myself but i think hes far from one of the best right now. to reply to those who said he always guesses his opponents cards, when you guess every single time your involved in a hand you will occasionally be right, and of course espn etc. will televise that specific hand. thru personality, self promotion, and being a premier player around the poker boom he has put himself in a position to be sponsored into all events which gives him the opportunity to play/cash in an abundance of events which i believe would pad any decent players resume. he seems to struggle in any and every format where he is up against elite players, he isn't a fish by any means just a little outclassed against the heavyweights. i respect that he openly admits that VB is a better player and that he has been working on his game via coaching and putting more time in online. he will always be one of my favorite pros to watch on tv but i feel he sometimes gets a bit too much credit when people discuss who the best players are.

N

Neoblast

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Blom's heads up skill level is head blowing.
I have never ( 2 years in poker... ) not on tv nor online playing better than he does at least so far.