Daniel Negreanu

AlphaCentauro

AlphaCentauro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I follow Daniels YouTube channel on YouTube. And he is dropping some knowledge, smart guy very positive. The funny thing is to watch people copycat something he recently shared in his video and instantly you find people following his words like the words of the bible.
So I recently seen a video about him squeezing his opponents at some final tournament table, and ever since that video everybody, and I mean every single body I encounter as an oponente is trying to squeeze at pokerstars.
Yes he is a great player, yes he knows a lot, yes he has a lot of experience, yes you should pick up and learn from people like him, but isn’t it your different style of play that makes you a good player?
Is just so funny to watch.
Also a bit of a rant. Can you stop gambling preflop my fellow CC community. I understand you have AQ or AK or some sort of a pair when you shove all in preflop. I mean we are here because we want to win right? You will never win if you gamble, especially in early stages of the tournament. Yes you might get lucky couple of times but it’s a losing strategy in a long run.
Anyhow, all the best to all of you!

exer888

exer888

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
Keep following Daniel, you will learn a lot form him. He started "small ball" strategy back in days. He helped my game improve so much, and helped me to be succesfull player back in days when people didnt knew about strategy too much, they just played cards. :D

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I follow Daniel on Facebook and YouTube everywhere and I like him, he simply enjoys poker.

S

skulij

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I disagree, you have to gamble. I play GG where the tourns have a million players. I'm a fairly tight player and can grind my way ITM but usually my chips are so few BB by then the chances of a deep run are slim. If you want to make the real money and final tables you need to gamble and get in some coin flips and build a stack that allows you to make some moves near the bubble and afterwards. Yes in the long run you will make ITM less times but that is balanced by deeper runs when you do.

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
He is my poker mentor, but you don't have to follow his words strictly all the time. You can create from his basic strategy. He says at some point that you can go on with a strategy style as long as it works. When it stops working, change your style.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yeah, I've been watching him since '06 or so. He's probably the most recognizable face for the game besides Doyle or Hellmuth. He has one of my top three poker tips: "Don't do anything stupid". I don't always follow it but it's sound advice. Thanx Daniel.
There's a time at the table for a squeeze-play, imo. It's a move to double-up or protect a blind, really, when facing a number of limpers/min-raises. As much as I hate to admit it gambling is just part of poker and the game wouldn't be the same without it. If a player doesn't want to gamble, then might I suggest playing limit games? May the flop be w/you.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Danial is a great player and watching and learning from hi is not a bad idea. The thing we need to remember ihe is playing players who understand the game better than we do and can actually fold when the situation calls for it. Danial can make a certian play several times in a row and it works every time but in the lower levels players will still make errors and make calls when the should not so it wont work as planed as ofton. .

GERSteven

GERSteven

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Hi, I like Daniel because of his relaxed nature and when he gambles it's just great!

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Some are born great, others become great, but in both cases there is a period when a person is no different from other mortals. Daniel Negreanu was once a teenager. He watched American comedies in the company of friends, crowded the streets, crammed algebra - well, a little later he went to his first job.Once in his native Toronto, Daniel worked for a month at one of Subway fast food restaurants. Young Negreanu had just returned from Vegas, having lost all his savings. Surrounded by chicken feet and all sorts of sauces, enslaved by hamburgers and Coca-Cola, Negreanu hatched a plan for poker retribution. Behind the wooden smile of the future champion, thoughts of a carefree life were spinning, where all eyes would be directed at him, where he would fight for major world titles.

houcineben10

houcineben10

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Ever existed? Loved? So do i understand correctly that this "most respectful poker player" doesnt exist and you dont love him anymore :unsure:
Yeah maybe it’s a little bit too much but in his video he seems very kind and he is an example for the Poker community :D

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
irtr is my favorite player of poker :) ...I would like to play a heads-up with him :)

JappsPK

JappsPK

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I follow Daniels YouTube channel on YouTube. And he is dropping some knowledge, smart guy very positive. The funny thing is to watch people copycat something he recently shared in his video and instantly you find people following his words like the words of the bible.
So I recently seen a video about him squeezing his opponents at some final tournament table, and ever since that video everybody, and I mean every single body I encounter as an oponente is trying to squeeze at pokerstars.
Yes he is a great player, yes he knows a lot, yes he has a lot of experience, yes you should pick up and learn from people like him, but isn’t it your different style of play that makes you a good player?
Is just so funny to watch.
Also a bit of a rant. Can you stop gambling preflop my fellow CC community. I understand you have AQ or AK or some sort of a pair when you shove all in preflop. I mean we are here because we want to win right? You will never win if you gamble, especially in early stages of the tournament. Yes you might get lucky couple of times but it’s a losing strategy in a long run.
Anyhow, all the best to all of you!
You said it all. Sometimes is just hard to fold an AQs at early stage if someone goes all-in.

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
one of the best
watching him will make you learn a lot of way on how to play

H

hcuervo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Negreanu, tremendous player the messi of poker

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well you could also read one of his books :)

He did disappoint a lot of players when he sided with pokerstars for rake hikes.

Last edited:
Gary_Heart

Gary_Heart

Gotta Have Heart
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Daniel Negreanu - Just WOW

Six world series of poker bracelets and two World Poker Tour (WPT) championship titles and live poker winnings at a little over $46 million, participant in 2 television shows, High Stakes Poker and PokerStars Big Games.

Not to mention only player to receive the wsop Player of the Year more than once (2004 & 2013)
And he 2004–2005 WPT Player of the Year.

The first player to make a final table at each of the three WSOP bracelet-awarding locations (Las Vegas, Europe, and Asia-Pacific), and the first to win a bracelet at each!!!
Inducted into the Poker Hall of Fame in 2014

DNegs at 2022 WSOP
Daniel Negreanu - 'Kid Poker' - Just WOW o_O

Ketienne

Ketienne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely a likeable, extroverted guy who has a lot of knowledge and is great to listen to.