The dangers of water while playing poker..........

W

whitetailbuck10

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
A very strange thing happened to me yesterday while playing the US and Friends daily game. I was playing on my phone in the kitchen while I was making home made soup (grouse or partridge leg soup if you are curious) and the player beside me raised just as I took the lid off the pot of soup and a hot drop of water landed on my phone just as he raised and it caused my phone to re-raise him instantly (I had garbage). Needless to say my "water drop" raise was quickly raised once again causing me to instantly fold. Luis gained on that one..... me not so much. Luis got my chips but I got the soup......

Ii it's any consolation the soup turned out incredible.

Makes me wonder what other kinds of "Poker Accidents" have happened to any of you out there?!?!

1KrazyMofo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've made many miss-clicks, even accidently called all-ins with poop before, folded monsters etc.. just part of the Online game, there's probably some very cautious players out there that still make accidental miss-clicks, -aka- misreading your hand is much easier online when you have 4+ tables open, like oops I was meant to raise on the other table. sometimes its a good thing though, if you do something stupid and someone tags you as a fish then it can work in your favour I guess, even better if they write a note about it.

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tournaments which started too late and i could not ti finish it in any case. It's my most often mistake. Sometimes it's really sad. Especially if i understand that the tournament could be not very hard.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
A very strange thing happened to me yesterday while playing the US and Friends daily game. I was playing on my phone in the kitchen while I was making home made soup (grouse or partridge leg soup if you are curious) and the player beside me raised just as I took the lid off the pot of soup and a hot drop of water landed on my phone just as he raised and it caused my phone to re-raise him instantly (I had garbage). Needless to say my "water drop" raise was quickly raised once again causing me to instantly fold. Luis gained on that one..... me not so much. Luis got my chips but I got the soup......

Makes me wonder what other kinds of "Poker Accidents" have happened to any of you out there?!?!
I often will make a raise or a call when I am switching between game windows when I really intended to fold. It irritates me when it happens but sometimes it also turns out great. I remember min raising someone because of this and the whole table (including the initial raiser) snap folded because it had been like 45 minutes since I raised a pot. So, sometimes it is the "happy little accident" that Bob Ross used to talk about.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
888's mobile client has the call button appear from behind the auto-fold check box when the action comes to you. Let's just say I have had a lot of questionable all-in calls made this way when I am not paying attention or the client lags and suddenly the action is on me just as I am looking to select the auto-fold for my hand.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Once upon a time, while I was involved in a massive cash pot. I was going to fold the hand on the river, but i decided to tank, while this was happening my cat thought it would be a good idea, to jump up on my desk & click the button on my mouse, my cursor just happened to be sitting on the call button, costing me quite a sum. I no longer own cats...

Rijckenborg

Rijckenborg

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Some poker room pop table on top of all other when action needed without let us disable this.
Sometime it can cause a raise when I wanted to fold on another table.

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Wow so that is what happened. I was praying you would fold because I had garbage. Wow it worked

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

Sometimes mis-clicks can turn out great in exactly the same way as making a terrible play, so with your garbage after the opponent's re-raise you should have given the pan lid another wiggle over the phone and seen what line the soup wanted to take, it might have been next level!

The biggest danger of water while playing poker, hmmm.... :unsure:

I'm going to limit it to three:

1.) Alligators/crocodiles. Don't play poker adjacent to waterways known to be habituated by these species of reptile.

2.) Man-eating sharks. Don't throw ten buckets of chum over the side of a boat, deposit $5K online and jump overboard with your mobile device.

3.) Drowning. Probably best not to swim while playing poker at all really, also avoid heavy falling objects from above while standing next to bodies of water (unless wearing a hardhat) or playing poker in front of a big bowl of milky cereal while catastrophically exhausted first thing in the morning.

Dangerous stuff!

I've made many miss-clicks, even accidently called all-ins with poop before...
Not going to ask how the poop got on your device/mouse so many times..! :confused::censored:

:whistle:🎵🎶

Once upon a time, while I was involved in a massive cash pot. I was going to fold the hand on the river, but i decided to tank, while this was happening my cat thought it would be a good idea, to jump up on my desk & click the button on my mouse, my cursor just happened to be sitting on the call button, costing me quite a sum. I no longer own cats...
After that kind of thing happened to me when mis-clicking with a dropped cheese and onion slice, the logical decision seemed to be to stop leaving the cursor hovering over the 'call' button rather than no longer eating... :giggle:

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It has happened a few times to be card dead and when I get aces I lose connection.

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Nightmare, I went through a few hours ago, it's really sad... I was traveling between municipalities neighboring mine, terrible connection, but it persists, I doubled at the beginning and followed fold, I doubled until I had a connection, then the folds happened when I was off, which was great, I was good in the tournament for a long time, very close to the bubble I got the opportunity to double, get top 10 with 110 and awarding 90, cut open 2.5 with 25 behind, everyone folds, I'm in the small with KK , unfortunately I later realized that I should have gone all-in, but unfortunately as I didn't want to intimidate, I made 3 bets to 9.5, bb folded, I don't know what happened later, because I lost the connection, when I had access again, I saw that I lost the chips, I deduced that the opponent bet again and I folded due to inactivity, I managed to return later, I didn't get a prize, the 3 bet chips took me out of the prize pool, an unfortunate story, but the first and only one, all in on the next ones, certainly.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

My incident is also connected with water, more precisely with snow. Due to well-known reasons, the power is turned off in my country. And then one day I sit and finish the tournament, already with the lights turned off on the mobile Internet from the phone and the connection disappears in the tournament there are 18 people left. I quickly start the car and drive out of town in a field to another cell tower, driving for about 20 minutes. It’s night and it’s terribly beautiful large snow, I reached the cherished communication strips on the phone and stopped. But inside the car, the mobile Internet worked very poorly and I went outside. The screen of the phone instantly became wet from the snow and did not respond to my touches, but I made a call with A7o and, of course, the opponent had AA. So I finished my participation in the tournament in 16th place) I smoked angrily and went home.