Not open for further replies.
L

LukeSilver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So when i heard this whole black friday story in the poker world i panicked like many people did and rushed to get my money out. I am not an american but generally I do not feel safe having money in a site been sued for a few billion. I know that its $3billion spread across 3 sites but I would suspect poker stars has got more then $2billion of this at them, based on the fact there so much bigger then the other two.

However I noticed poker stars were quick and able to pay out in every case I heard of. I also noticed that whilst they took a hit of like 24% or something they still maintained a lot of players coming online and playing clearly the poker world had more confidence then I did.

I thought about this and guessed poker stars makes 3million a day ok not such a guess I have heard that figure a few times I am not sure how accurate it is. however thinking about it, it did seem reasonable to assume pokerstars could cover such an amount and also they would not have to pay it till the legal case was resolved which would take several years. even if they did I would not be surprised if banks were willing to lend to them.

So eventually I decided to put $400 back on there inspired by the scoop deposit bonus. Now all of a sudden when i have deposited less then 2 hours ago in the middle of a sit and go session it wont let me register for more. I go to the lobby afterwards trying to figure out whats going on everything has been tweaked.

the 6.50s are gone and have been replaced with the 5.43s and the 16s are gone replace with the 10.85s i notice blind levels are now 3 minutes not 5 turbo sit and goes. and the rake or tournament fee is significantly more as a % still more then competitive compared to the industry.

The thing is why would they do this without any notice? it basically means it is more expensive to play online now. perhaps they did this to procure more funds because they are in financial trouble.

any comments?

P

Pavster

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They mentioned a while ago they were changing SNGs. Nothing to do with Black Friday. Chill.

Status
Not open for further replies.