crazy player

Paw_kit Aces

Paw_kit Aces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is my first real post on this site other then my introduction last week. I played Poker Star’s nightly $3.30 buy-in and unlimited re-buys until the first break which has a guaranteed $30,000 prize pool. As usual there was one player who went all in on the first hand, he had J-2. He received one caller who lost because he called with rags. The player who raised with J-2 made a comment about the player’s bad call; he seemed oblivious that most decent players don’t bet $3000 with J-2 off suit. The next hand the same player went all in again, and again he won. This player kept going all in and wining until he built his stack to $12,000. :eek: Soon into the game I caught KK and sure enough Mr. all-in made his move, which of course I called and won, doubling up. :D Mr. allin again on the next had went all in and I called with JJ and flopped a full house :cool: (happiness is flopping a full house) so I doubled up again yet again. Mr. allin went broke so he made a re-buy and on the first hand he of course went all in, which he lost to another JJ. To make a long story less long Mr. allin went all in over and over again through the entire re-buy period loosing every time, but every time he would quickly re-buy and would promptly lose it all. It was like watching a train wreck. By first break the entire table’s chip stacks ranged from $14,000 to about $25,000. I have never seen anybody play like that before and I hope I run into him again, because it helped me to build a deep stack early allowing me to last deep into the tournament. Normally I bust out either just before or right after the money, but last night I made it to the top 100 before getting my KKs busted by a flush who should have folded after the flop, but he was willing to bet almost $50,000 on the hopes that a heart would hit the turn or the river, which of course it did knocking me out and doubling him up putting him in great position to win the whole thing (I should have watched to see how he did). The whole while I keep thinking about this fool who spent I don’t know how much money re-buying and how he was so critical of the player who called his all in bet with rags even though he had sh#t himself. Sorry about the long post, but has anybody experienced anything like this? I know I probably never will again.

PokerPete

PokerPete

RIP Logic And Sanity
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunatly this "type" of play is not all that uncommon on re-buy events....

Some of the better players here (at CC) actually play a modified version of this...but they push with good hands in hopes of getting callers to double them up....and they do so with success!:eek: Once the re-buy period ends (and of course you actually want to "top off" with a rebuy at this break), play USUALLY turns into something that more resembles REAL poker.

I'm absolutely HORRIBLE at this type of play so I avoid re-buys like the plague.

G

greener_lax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i played against a guy in a ring game who would call a bet no matter what. it was really weird. id reraise preflop with AA he'd call with 84s and miss the flop but still call an all in bet. didnt matter if the board was A K Q and he had 23 with no flush draw, he'd still call. there must be guys out there who dont care about losing money, either that or they have no brain.

momoney2

momoney2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to tell us this player's name, so we can make sure to add him to our list of players to look for. This is the best thing that a solid player could hope for. Cha-ching! :)

Paw_kit Aces

Paw_kit Aces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never played re-buy games before, I don't know if I will again. I figured he was just trying to double up, but after 10 rebuys he would recognize that it was a loosing night and that he should find something else to do. You are right after the re-buy period it was a normal game.

pappasqueaks

pappasqueaks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats why i dont bother wiff rebuy trnys bc u get alot of bingo callers and chasers who keep rebuying no matter what the cost of the bank is at 1st level of trny.