cracking aces

S

SHRK2TH

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Some where on here I read a dialogue about which hand would be best to hold if up against aces. i can't find it but as I recall J-Ts was the answer. What's bothering me is that it seems that 6-7s or7-8s or8-9s will make more hands to win. To beat aces you will need 2 pair,a set,quads, astraight or a flush. any two cards have the same chance of 2 pairing , no advantage. Anytwo have the same chance of set or trips, no advantage quads same result, flush same result, the difference lies in the straight possibilities. Cards below 6 share a wheel with aces and could therefore split. Cards above 9 share broadway and also could split. Someone who is into this probabilities please help so I can let this go.....

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some where on here I read a dialogue about which hand would be best to hold if up against aces. i can't find it but as I recall J-Ts was the answer. What's bothering me is that it seems that 6-7s or7-8s or8-9s will make more hands to win. To beat aces you will need 2 pair,a set,quads, astraight or a flush. any two cards have the same chance of 2 pairing , no advantage. Anytwo have the same chance of set or trips, no advantage quads same result, flush same result, the difference lies in the straight possibilities. Cards below 6 share a wheel with aces and could therefore split. Cards above 9 share broadway and also could split. Someone who is into this probabilities please help so I can let this go.....

J10s is not the best hand because an A interferes with one of the straights that J10 can make. I would say 10 9 suited or 9 8 suited would be the best hand to crack aces.

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to be honest i personally think if the AA is played correctly there wont be any1 calling with 89 if the player holding AA doesnt try to get tricky or something stupid. good question but this is pretty tough to answer and in order to crack AA you need to get lucky. I rather make a good play instead of getting lucky and other player calling me a donk

K

Khaosk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aces have a 78.12% chance to win against J-10 suited (assuming aces are a different suit.)

77.07% against 9-10 suited.
77.22% against 8-9 suited.

Don't ask me why.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its 7-8 i think, since 8,9 has the straight 9,10,j,q,k. But that completes broadway for the aces. Therefore 7,8 is the best as its top end straight end at a queen

S

SHRK2TH

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks this sounds correct. With 6-7s falling into the same category? Since the straight that it shares opposites ends with aces
would be a winner. The probabilities numbers can be found on another website, I also saw that site here. If someone could let me know that site I can do this myself. This is very funny. I'm 55 years old have played poker all my life, have done ok with it, and now find that the more I know----the less I know......