Couple questions from a HEM noob.

spranger

spranger

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
K so I've just started using Holdem Manager, wanted to grind out 2NL and 10NL without it to learn some stuff without stats, the game seemed confusing enough anyways for a poker noob.
Now I'm at 25NL FR and using it and learning alot, just a few questions:

- Over ~100 hands, how many fish should be at the table to stay there?
Whenever I'm ~100 hands deep at a table, I'm checking whether there's atleast 3 fish there or I'm not really happy with the table. In FR should I be happy with 1/2 fish at a table?

- Can someone explain exactly what the Aggression stat means. It makes some sense but not 100% sense to me. Dunno why.

- Against a 50/5/0.5 fish or similar, if you flop the nuts or close to it, should you put in a small bet? Reason being that they're unlikely to fold
Or should you put in a big bet close to pot size? Reason being they're so unlikely to raise your flop bet, that in order to have any chance of stacking, you probably have to bet big from the start.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
- Over ~100 hands, how many fish should be at the table to stay there?
Whenever I'm ~100 hands deep at a table, I'm checking whether there's atleast 3 fish there or I'm not really happy with the table. In FR should I be happy with 1/2 fish at a table?
Well I play 6-max, and one fullstacked fish on my right is sufficient for me to stay. 2 fish on your left isn't nearly as good as one on your right.

- Can someone explain exactly what the Aggression stat means. It makes some sense but not 100% sense to me. Dunno why.
Agg. Factor = (bets+raises)/calls

So if they call a lot, and rarely raise, their AF will be like 0.5. If they rarely call, it will be like 100. Aggression frequency is just how often they bet or raise when given the opportunity to take an action.

- Against a 50/5/0.5 fish or similar, if you flop the nuts or close to it, should you put in a small bet? Reason being that they're unlikely to fold
Or should you put in a big bet close to pot size? Reason being they're so unlikely to raise your flop bet, that in order to have any chance of stacking, you probably have to bet big from the start.
Put teh monies in teh pot.

spranger

spranger

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I play 6-max, and one fullstacked fish on my right is sufficient for me to stay. 2 fish on your left isn't nearly as good as one on your right.

How come one on the right is better? Makes sense becuase they won't know what's going on if they get reraised or something like that. But having a couple to the left is good too isn't it? You can dictate exactly how much they have to call, I like being able to control fish as first to act sometimes, they always seem to think I'm bluffing. :D

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How come one on the right is better? Makes sense becuase they won't know what's going on if they get reraised or something like that. But having a couple to the left is good too isn't it? You can dictate exactly how much they have to call, I like being able to control fish as first to act sometimes, they always seem to think I'm bluffing. :D
Because you have position on the fish. If you don't know the value of position, check out some of the position filters in HEM :p. The difference is huge.

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At nl25 you should have a table of fish really. But I doubt there are more than a handful of "nl25 regs" that wouldn't be incredibly fishy anyways.

Ideally you want at least one fish directly on your right so you can constantly isolate and basically just own them and 2 on your right is even better. A fish 2 seats to your left is good as well coz you have position when in CO/BTN, which is where your money comes from anyways.