Could this work ?

fcumred

fcumred

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was wondering this last night.

I want to improve my game and using Cardschat is definitely helping, but it seems that to truly appreciate the situation you have to see the hands being played out and the opponents first hand..

I can post HH or explain what I've done but it would be much better if someone could explain where I've gone wrong having witnessed it for themselves. Having seen the other players in action.

So could we perhaps set up a mentor scheme whereby for example I would post a competition I am playing in, and someone would then volunteer to watch my game and make comments ( could be on here, MSN or whatever ) about what I've done, how I played a hand, what I did right and what I've done wrong...

People would post with a tournament they are in, their username and the mentor would then watch, give feedback and offer advice.

Please note, this would / should not be people telling others what to do. It has to be a case of offering to mentor someone for the tournament and watching what they do and how they do it...

Would it / Could it work ?

( what people choose to do with any winnings would be solely up to themselves :) )

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Make a video and post is in the Poker Video subforum under Poker General. Make sure to lable it properly, ie $3.30 S&G or $10nl session and you will get people checking it out and commenting on your play.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It whould work fine and sweat seesions are a great way to get some one to spot leaks in your game.
Posting a video like Steve suggested works fine to :)

TheNoob

TheNoob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was wondering this last night.

I want to improve my game and using Cardschat is definitely helping, but it seems that to truly appreciate the situation you have to see the hands being played out and the opponents first hand..

I can post HH or explain what I've done but it would be much better if someone could explain where I've gone wrong having witnessed it for themselves. Having seen the other players in action.

So could we perhaps set up a mentor scheme whereby for example I would post a competition I am playing in, and someone would then volunteer to watch my game and make comments ( could be on here, MSN or whatever ) about what I've done, how I played a hand, what I did right and what I've done wrong...

People would post with a tournament they are in, their username and the mentor would then watch, give feedback and offer advice.

Please note, this would / should not be people telling others what to do. It has to be a case of offering to mentor someone for the tournament and watching what they do and how they do it...

Would it / Could it work ?

( what people choose to do with any winnings would be solely up to themselves :) )

I have wondered this exact thing myself (volunteer or a pro that would be somehow compensated. Like a tutor of sorts).

You could get together with someone that would just view the table, and either work with the HH's later or somehow use real time knowledge of your hole cards (yeah, alot of trust needed for that scenario).

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bob_tiger offered me some coaching before and i think he has offered it before but he didnt take up my offer with me and has sort of dissappeared lol

The good players on here could maybe earn some $$ for their help n advice maybe 10 sessions for $5 or something.

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What also would work well is if you organize with someone who plays the same stakes and review each others play. For instance I play 3.30 S&Gos so if i hooked up with someone who plays the same stakes we can watch each other in games to see what works and doesn't work, Just and alternative to the coach thing.

I know this has been organized here before but primarily for the cash gamers.