continue or stop

Oranaro

Oranaro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say that it depends on what you want from poker. If your objective is to play with friends, there you are, do play only with friends. If you're a gambler, than you can play money you can lose, and see poker just like a video game you would buy subscription, like let's say 5$ a week, so you do play 5$ a week, ready to lose it, but never more than 5$. Without expectation it will be funnier to play, and sometimes you will be winning. If you do want to make a living out of poker, well, you'll have to study, and play a lot, but it's not something you decide because you want, but because you're able to, so I'd say let it go, change your objective to: getting better at poker, having a bankroll that you're ready to lose, because you will most likely lose it during your learning process.

JappsPK

JappsPK

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You gotta play if you have fun! If you are not getting fun because you feel you are "bad", then you should stick to getting fun learning, trying to be better everyday. But even so, if you are not happy, you should stop for a while.

If the interest come back, start playing again. And remember, you always need to learn new stuffs in poker, concentrate, etc.

rion85

rion85

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
how to maintain interest and momentum in poker even when you're bad
What does "bad" mean?
If bad=unlucky... It doesn't last forever
If bad = bad play... You should learn, watch videos, learn from pros... and there are a lot of stragegy related topics here too

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Today there are so many videos, books and streams, you have a lot of learning variety. What you have to have is time to study and play without worrying about losing until you adjust your game and put into practice what you learned.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Play the games you like and have profits at. If you cannot win anything , then stop playing . This is general , not for the OP specifically:)

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Studying the game of poker will make you a better player and as you improve your likeliness of winning becomes much higher and your possibilities of winning make the game more interesting. If you strive to improve your game you will find this game become more addictive s well. Just remember this is Game that Ccn be fun. If your not having fun it is not advisable to keep playing.

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Even when you think you're bad, it's an experience. In poker, I think there will be nothing without playing experience. The main thing is not to fly in the clouds, that right now I'm going to win a lot of money here. If it doesn't work out at all, play at the lowest possible limits. Always try to think and analyze your actions and mistakes.

Jamil

Jamil

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
When bad luck strikes you must withdraw immediately

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you are bad I think it's better to take a little break and play later or the next day

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are not able to maintain your interest in poker, I recommend you not to insist too much on something that doesn't interest you very much, because it spends money, unless you play for free, you can study first and improve your game if not you will only be at a loss for a long time

AlphaCentauro

AlphaCentauro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you like it then keep playing it, if you don’t drop it. Thankfully there’s tons of ways to play the game for free these days.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
when you have a bad day at poker you need to stop and play only when you calm down and rest, it is advisable to continue the next day only when you are in a great mood and feel a lot of energy and will be able to play a lot

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have lost interest in poker, then dont play. Pretty much as simple as that. There are lots of other things to spend your time on, which some might even argue are more healthy. Personally I have played (more or less) nearly every day for years. But recently I ended up sort of accidentally taking a break for almost a week. Which was actually great, because it made me come back to the game with renewed enthusiasm. And perhaps not quite coincidentally I managed to book some winning sections after my break ;)

iman_wd

iman_wd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
EE
Chips
Study the game
Focus on your process
Set achievable goals
Take breaks
Play with friends
Remember , even the best players have bad days .
The key is to stay focused and motivated, and to always be looking for ways to improve your game.

WRWILLIA15

WRWILLIA15

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
What does “bad” mean?
If bad = bad luck... It doesn't last forever
If bad = bad game... You should learn, watch videos, learn from the professionals... and there are a lot of topics related to strategy here too

WRWILLIA15

WRWILLIA15

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
And that's right my friend, it's very bad when you're unlucky because I'm in a moment of a lot of bed

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
And that's right my friend, it's very bad when you're unlucky because I'm in a moment of a lot of bed

Well if you're in a lot of bed... that might be considered a good thing :)

Sorry to hear if things are going badly for you on the poker tables. Sometimes it is like this and we can do very little about it.

As others have mentioned, make time to study. It will increase your chances of winning and this game is always MUCH more fun when we're winning!

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Its like everything, when someone is bad you stop or not going often like before.....i think its the best way to do

yetbam

yetbam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
In my opinion it is better to take a good pause in poker when you start to have bad times and then calmly resume the momentum, start by levels and go up as your bankroll allows.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to enjoy it and it depends a lot on your focus on what you play for, from knowing your focus the advice will lean to one side, my advice is different if you want it as a profession or simply a hobby

044hero

044hero

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can stop any time, but why you should? Instead of continue and improve your game? Without any doubts - keep moving on)

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's like driving a vehicle, you keep going if you want to get somewhere, you stop if you get there, or you stop because the vehicle broke down or ran out of fuel.