Conduct at tables

RichL

RichL

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Funny you should ask that, I met this lovely chap just yesterday...

Attachments

• comment1_2.jpg
    comment1_2.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 67
Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I was wondering what is the worst comment you have heard while playing. I know I have said some pretty nasty stuff just to see if it would get someone mad.

Not likely to bother most of the regulars you will run into during CC events, but, could cost you access to those private events. Just so you know. :cool:

yonosemanana

yonosemanana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not likely to bother most of the regulars you will run into during CC events, but, could cost you access to those private events. Just so you know. :cool:

I haven't been invited to a private event yet.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I haven't been invited to a private event yet.

Based on your post count, you should already be qualified for our buy ins & getting close to qualifying for our various free rolls. I would suggest checking them out, good play, good company & a shot at some CC added money. :)

solargarlic

solargarlic

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have heard it all online everyone's balls are the size of boulders behind a screen. To answer the question though prob the standard about hoping someone gets cancer/AIDS/etc. Death or perversion to a family member or the person being picked on. I think the people that play badly and then comment on others play are the worst but maybe that is just me.

fubarcdn

fubarcdn

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely the cancer thing.
Someone said I hope your mother dies of cancer.
My mother did die of cancer at a early age and I let him know that.
Everyone else at the table on 888 threw eggs and tomatoes at the idiot.
He shut his ignorant little yap for the rest of the game until I eliminated him and everyone threw trophies at me.
Only complete goofs and punks think that this is a good strategy to win.

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Wow, I guess I haven't heard anything bad if people are saying things like the above posts. 0.o

Umm on the one reality TV show "2 Months 2 Million" Viffer told one of the guys to "die in a grease fire"

A

alexis8888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The worst comment I said was "Nice Hand".

A

alexis8888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chip off the old block.

"Heart over mind, yes I'm
My father's son
I live my life, just like
My father's done". Joe ****er

Last edited:
Dangerboy

Dangerboy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only play online poker. At the same time very insulting chat disturbed. Since then, I turn off the chat and I write what I want and just play listening.

cjmoles

cjmoles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always be kind, courteous, and polite....and be tolerant with the ignoance of others for they know not what they do....or how much you're gonna collect from them in the long run. Be patient and humble with the sidebusters; you want them to stick around the felt for awhile, not because you like them personally, but because you like their equity! LOL They're all winners in my book!

wasal2002

wasal2002

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The other night I was playing and a person starts calling me paco, and began saying really racist things and believe it or not someone else joined in and started saying homophobic things. He was making derogatory statements to me about hispanic people. Told them they were ignorant. My screen name suggest iam hispanic but i am not and iam not gay but I was still really bothered by this ignorance.. I dont play online like I used to but Iam making a comeback. I thought that kind of behavior was gone...

yonosemanana

yonosemanana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you guys think these people with inappropriate comments should be banned from the site?

T

titomurcia1214

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The truth that there are players that take you crazy but all you accomplish is insulting desconcentrated and that causes vulnerability in the tables if it is with good vibes nothing happens

P

pandagirl1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
conduct at tables

I know it sucks when you get your AK beat by K2 when a deuce hits the river, but for someone to get mad at a player for playing bad is foolish. Isn't this the type of player that we should be happy to play with for money potential.

B

braveboat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker attracts all kinds of people, and some folks just don't seem to possess any self resect let alone respect for others. I typically ignore bad behavior, and I govern myself very tightly not to respond to it.

As @Rawdeal1955 said, " win with grace lose with honor." Another similar quote that I like is "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say even less."

Maintain your self-respect and dignity at all times. If you won't, who will?

yonosemanana

yonosemanana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Another good question is does inappropriate comments affect your play?

alittlepoker

alittlepoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you should follow poker edict some of the things players say on line you will never hear playing live poker.

yonosemanana

yonosemanana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you should follow poker edict some of the things players say on line you will never hear playing live poker.

I agree, most poeple wouldnt dare say some of the things they say online right in your face.

nastena2992

nastena2992

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that chat online poker is not so important as the victory is much more important, chat only distracting, does not focus during the game, it distracts

BobGrayling

BobGrayling

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The problem is that it's not just online. People no longer show respect and dignity in person either. Because they learn from online and television.

Sorry to sound like a geezer, but the world WAS better when people behaved like they would in front of their grandmothers!

CSYA14

CSYA14

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to ignore such players who think it is their right to blast another player for their playing style or whatever it is they are griping about. I sit back, watch what is said and if it gets out of hand, I will comment about the behavior.
Getting mad might be part of the game but it should have it's limit to what should be said online or in person.
If your going to fight, argue, I say do it i a nice way.
Yes, I do think that when players are (fighting) during game play it does affect the overall game play for all players.