Concentration during the session.

C

ChemfromUKR

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Please answer, how do you maintain concentration while playing?
Do you listen to music or sit in silence? What helps you stay in better shape?
It lasts me 2 hours, during which I show a great game, moves, etc., but then I start to dive into myself, into my problems, etc., and lose touch with the game. What do you advise?

sabir

sabir

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stay focused at the gaming table In addition to deciding how to play, you'll face one of the biggest problems a player can face: maintaining concentration.

Analyzing situations while evaluating opponents for hours can really be exhausting, and some studies suggest that humans can only stay fully focused for 30 to 60 minutes at a time. This can hamper your ability to invest in tournaments, or to come out a winner from a long cash game session.

There are some key situations to avoid:

Boredom
If you have a bad set of cards or are playing tight due to the large number of maniacs at your table, you won't be able to play many hands, and very soon you may not be betting as much. attention to your opponents as you should.

Distractions
Distractions in your gaming environment take your attention away from the task at hand. Distractions can include children, emails and the Internet when playing online, noise, passers-by, or even a chatty opponent in a game room.

Physical discomfort
If you eat a lot before playing, your digestive system will monopolize resources that should have been used by your brain to facilitate digestion. Poor sleep quality, physical discomfort or insufficient physical fitness can also contribute to creating an attention deficit.

Mental state
Make sure you are in the right frame of mind to play. If you're not mentally focused, lack motivation to play, or don't feel good about yourself, it's probably best not to play.

Improve your concentration

The good news is that it is possible to increase your concentration skills. And here we present three methods for you to try:

Take notes
Here's a simple way to stay focused on what you're doing. Keeping track of everything from your opponents' starting hands and how they put them together, to how often they call the big blind or raise them, will help you in the long run.

Choose a center of attention
Don't focus on all your opponents at once. It will make you dizzy and have to think about too many things at once. Start by focusing on two players. Do they tend to always raise or do they vigorously defend their blind? Once this process becomes automatic, add a new factor to your focus... but not before. It will take time to become proficient in the process, but if you work at it, your concentration will improve, and at some point you will be able to process enough information about all of your opponents to start winning at the game. poker.

The monologue
Talk to yourself after each hand (no, it's not a sign of madness, I swear). Analyze the hand you just saw or played. Tell yourself what was good and bad about it. Congratulate yourself inwardly if you did something good (like spotting what a player said). Reward is the surest way to get someone to do something again, and you need to get into the habit of doing good things at the poker table.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Don't be tired (get good night sleep day before), don't be drunk , don't tilt if you aren't at your mood don't play, Take breaks, get up and walk around for 5minutes every 2 hours. Make sure you are eating healthy but light foods (salads with protein works great), drink lots of water.

W

Wega85

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Sleep well.eat well. stay hydrated...not alcohol.

pansipos

pansipos

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I can't play, when i drink alcohol. Totally confusing....

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
When I sit down at the poker table, I have a goal. If I play a tournament, then my goal is to at least reach the final table, and if I play cash games, then I try to win back as many hands as possible and make a profit. All the time I play poker, I have this goal in my head and I have no other thoughts. This is how I channel energy. If you think about something else, then your energy will go elsewhere and the result in poker will be worse. I like to play in silence most of all, then I can concentrate best.

ShaDoWGuarD

ShaDoWGuarD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my case, the easiest way to maintain concentration is at the beginning of the game. It could be an hour or two then I'm probably starting to get a little tired and may lose it. It might be a bad thing for me to play poker. So somewhere in the middle of the session, I already play fewer tables than at the beginning, which is what I recommend you do.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Staying focused while playing poker is a very important part of success. Personally, I prefer silence while gaming, but this does not mean that this mode will suit you too!!! Here are some tips to help you maintain a high level of concentration over a long period:
Provide yourself a comfortable place to play, free from distractions. Try using headphones if you are easily distracted by ambient noise. Perhaps try listening to nature sounds or quiet music without lyrics. Install a quality website blocker if you find yourself easily distracted online. Some people concentrate better when listening to music, others concentrate better in silence. Overall, it is important to listen to your body and how it reacts to various factors to find the best way to stay focused while playing poker.

Arthurinacio17a

Arthurinacio17a

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
very important is concentrated

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Concentration plays an important role in any serious undertaking. Especially when playing poker, because there is real money at stake. When a poker player is completely focused, making decisions becomes easier and takes a minimum of time. The speed of information processing when playing at several tables simultaneously is an extremely important indicator.It is enough to develop the habit of sitting at tables in a concentrated state in order to easily resist external stimuli.Talk during the session why you are making this or that decision.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Please answer, how do you maintain concentration while playing?
Do you listen to music or sit in silence? What helps you stay in better shape?
It lasts me 2 hours, during which I show a great game, moves, etc., but then I start to dive into myself, into my problems, etc., and lose touch with the game. What do you advise?
As already said, the first thing is to sleep well, then avoid being in a chaotic environment, both sonically and visually.
Controlling thoughts is extremely important, avoiding harmful feelings, such as anger, for example, is essential.

If this is not natural, it is developed and created gradually.

Study a little about self-control, some breathing exercises and how to disconnect from certain thoughts.

Remember that there is no point in ignoring your feelings, but rather understanding the cause and working to understand and deal with them in the best possible way, because if you just try to minimize them, it will be like a pressure cooker left on the fire, one moment it will explode.