The Comfort Factor While Playing Online

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep left handed, optical mouse on arm of sofa. Works a treat.

KenFischer

KenFischer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Comfort is definately important, but with a laptop it's easy to get too comfortable sometimes.

On a related note, when the inevitable happens and you doze off sometime in the middle of a cold run of cards, don't bother looking back at the hands you missed. It'll just put you on tilt :(

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Comfort is definately important, but with a laptop it's easy to get too comfortable sometimes.

On a related note, when the inevitable happens and you doze off sometime in the middle of a cold run of cards, don't bother looking back at the hands you missed. It'll just put you on tilt :(

lol if you're to the point of falling asleep you shouldn't be playing poker, you should be either sleeping or just watching TV or something. Don't play poker when you're tired enough you can fall asleep.

Also as a side note, I see you're from college park, do you go to UMCP? That was my #2 choice but I have at least 50 kids I know from our high school who go there now.

KenFischer

KenFischer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol - I completely agree - I don't play when I am tired, but sometimes deep into a MTT it catches up with the best of us :)

I go past UMCP every day, as I take the bus and train to GWU in DC (where I work). My girlfriend is in her 3rd year at UM, which is why we're living so close to campus for now.

K_Kahne_Fan

K_Kahne_Fan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is said we should dress for where you want to be in life, not where you are. As we know PS (not the site, the actual stars) wear all sorts of stuff, so I don't think there's a "dress" for success in poker. So, maybe you could build a 2-3' mini padded arm rest, put some felt on your desk and glue some chips to your mouse... maybe then you'd be "dressed for success" :D hmmm... maybe there's an eBay market for mini rails... :rolleyes:

Otherwise, I'd say make sure you're comfortable so that being in pain/uncomfortable isn't what you are thinking about instead of poker, but definitely not toooooo comfortable.

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is said we should dress for where you want to be in life, not where you are. As we know PS (not the site, the actual stars) wear all sorts of stuff, so I don't think there's a "dress" for success in poker. So, maybe you could build a 2-3' mini padded arm rest, put some felt on your desk and glue some chips to your mouse... maybe then you'd be "dressed for success" :D hmmm... maybe there's an eBay market for mini rails... :rolleyes:

Otherwise, I'd say make sure you're comfortable so that being in pain/uncomfortable isn't what you are thinking about instead of poker, but definitely not toooooo comfortable.

I have a set up like this:

Desk

LeanAndMean

LeanAndMean

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me I am more comfortable at the computer desk. I do use the laptop in the living room in an easy chairif there is a good TV program on, but after an hour or so I am sore all over. Get a comfortable chair and chair and stay in the computer room is my suggestion.

North_Bank

North_Bank

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
use an xbox 360 controller, it adds to the thrill!

L

lionheart527

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I find that comfort is best overall because you can concentrate more on what your actually doing rather than having to constantly move to try to find a comfortable position lol. Um I got a really comfy chair at my desktop but when I play I normally set up the lap top on my bed so i can lie down and play. Just whatever you do dont fall asleep!!!! Even though i did blind out of a freeroll and still made it to the top 27 on pokerstars lol

flint

flint

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is said we should dress for where you want to be in life, not where you are.

Yep, get those dress shirts and your coolest watch out and start making those bucks on the internet. I'm serious, dressing like you're a million bucks can boost your confidence in both the poker room and the rest of your life.

Just remember there is a difference between being cocky and confident. Cocky is when you tell everyone how great you are and confidence is when you don't have to.

I

Inscore77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep, get those dress shirts and your coolest watch out and start making those bucks on the internet. I'm serious, dressing like you're a million bucks can boost your confidence in both the poker room and the rest of your life.

Just remember there is a difference between being cocky and confident. Cocky is when you tell everyone how great you are and confidence is when you don't have to.
So playing naked is a bad idea then?

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Great comment about difference between cocky and confident.

But in terms of a million bucks: If I were worth a million bucks I'd be wearing T-shirts and shorts all day every day (because of course I'd never be somewhere cold). If I were worth a million bucks I wouldn't care about looking nice, I'd just wear whatever the hell felt comfortable for me. Which I guess is kinda how I play poker now, so I do dress like I'm a million bucks :)

1nickthegreek

1nickthegreek

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aaron, I don't want to hear any more bitching about having to sit at a desk!! :p
I sit in my wheelchair at my desktop and play +/- 6 hours daily and it absolutely kills my back by the time i am done, but god is my bed comfy after that.:D

I

Inscore77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aaron, I don't want to hear any more bitching about having to sit at a desk!! :p
I sit in my wheelchair at my desktop and play +/- 6 hours daily and it absolutely kills my back by the time i am done, but god is my bed comfy after that.:D
Lol no bitching, just a question that comes to mind lol