plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
January 26th-27th
Started with: $1407.20
Ended with: $1467.20 (+$60.00)
Time played: 4 hours 30 minutes

session notes: still trying to get back in the flow of this poker business... haven't played as frequently as in the past but have also been busier than in the past. i keep getting 3rds and 2nds in SnGs and it's hard to know whether to be satisfied that i'm reaching the money so often or disappointed that i've not been getting 1sts. generally i've been getting knocked out by bad beats and coinflips that were really unavoidable. the one i just took 3rd in was kind of bizarre in that the only all-in showdown i won was when i got it in behind (was short-stacked with position and had to push Kx suited). the other three times i got the money in, i was ahead, and i lost all three! including the one that knocked me out (A3o > 77). i know it's the nature of the game, but it can drive you mad sometimes! i want to create poker software and rig it so the best hand holds up more than it should!

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
January 30th
Started with: $1467.20
Ended with: $1499.20 (+$32.00)
Time played: 3 hours

session notes: played some SnGs and ended up making way less than i should have. the first one, in one of the first hands i see a flop with 98 of hearts in late position with two players. flop comes 6 T Q with two hearts. not too shabby... double gutshot straight draw with a flush draw. one of the players bets about 2/3 pot and i raise three times that, being almost certainly in the lead at this point. he calls. turn's a non-heart A and he checks to me this time. i decide to check behind with my one-million outs. the river is an A of hearts giving me my flush and he immediately over-bets all-in. of course i call, and the guy shows AT for a runner-runner full house. jesus... no getting away from that without a read.

next one sucked plenty more. gets down to 4 players, about even in chips. i see KK on the button and raise. BB pushes all-in with TT and i call. TT obviously wins with a straight on the river. duh.

the one after i actually took 1st, making a pretty big comeback from a minor bad-ish beat (Q8s > AJs) and winning like 7,000 of my chips from pure blind-steals. first SnG i've played in my last ten or so where i didn't take a beat as a 70/30 favorite or better. neato!

p.s. this week of poker after dark looks like it will be pretty fun to watch, so i recommend it (unless you hate phil laak, but i think the guy is pretty entertaining).

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So what, you give up on this after that tourney win? :)

I think he's retired and bought himself a small island....

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think he's retired and bought himself a small island....

lol.
He was on a roll...wonder what happened?

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe had a shot at $10/20 NL and bad things ensued?

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
February 1st - February 20th
Started with: $1499.20
Ended with: $6250.31 (+$4751.11)
Time played: I have no idea

Some people might have noticed I haven't been around for a while. My internet was down for a while, and then I went back home for the weekend and it all kind of worked out as a long un-planned break.

As many of you know, I won the $25k on Full Tilt a couple weeks ago :) and this huge boost to my bankroll came completely from that. This month I've played very little poker aside from this tournament, and a few other MTTs that I didn't cash in. This month's hourly rate would look killer :)

So I'm not dead and I didn't blow my roll. I should be getting back into the swing of things soon!

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
February 1st - February 20th
Started with: $1499.20
Ended with: $6250.31 (+$4751.11)
Time played: I have no idea

Some people might have noticed I haven't been around for a while. My internet was down for a while, and then I went back home for the weekend and it all kind of worked out as a long un-planned break.

As many of you know, I won the $25k on Full Tilt a couple weeks ago :) and this huge boost to my bankroll came completely from that. This month I've played very little poker aside from this tournament, and a few other MTTs that I didn't cash in. This month's hourly rate would look killer :)

So I'm not dead and I didn't blow my roll. I should be getting back into the swing of things soon!

You gotta let us know what you did with the money!!

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As many of you know, I won the $25k on Full Tilt a couple weeks ago
Wow! nice job. I hadn't known...Is the $4700 all you got from winning the 25k free or did you withdraw most of it...?

Last edited:
Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management