Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plainluck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I noticed on at least one poker site you could choose your seat. Can't remember which one. Does anyone do this, and how would you choose which one?

suit2please

suit2please

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On bodog? I know on Bodog when you join a SnG that you get to choose your seat. I would usually just choose any seat, if only a few people I would choose a random seat away from them, if almost full any seat would do.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have stats on the players you want the tight ones on your left and loose wide ranges on your right, and real good ones as far away as you can get, ideally. If you have no stats, I cant see it mattering, at least till you start playing....lol. I keep unknown players on my right, cause on my stakes, most players are real loose.

bazerk

bazerk

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you wanting to sit in (what appears on your screen to be) the 'same' seat consistently?

You may be referring to pokerstars:
  • Options
  • Preferred Seat (choice = 7 up from the bottom)
[use the pull down menu to choose a preferred seat for the varying #-of-player table types].

If I misunderstood your ???, then never mind. :)

Attachments

• PSPrefSeat.GIF
    PSPrefSeat.GIF
    41 KB · Views: 86
Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
icall seat 3!

xXSmuggla

xXSmuggla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On Full Tilt you can right click on a seat and select 'sit here' However what fletchdad said doesnt apply bc on FT when you pick a seat it rotates the other ppl around. So its more like a perspective kind of thing. Not sure about other sites

nc_royals

nc_royals

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At PS in a 9 person table in a tourney or SnG, I always choose seat 5. It's a bottom of table across from dealer

P

plainluck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have stats on the players you want the tight ones on your left and loose wide ranges on your right, and real good ones as far away as you can get, ideally. If you have no stats, I cant see it mattering, at least till you start playing....lol. I keep unknown players on my right, cause on my stakes, most players are real loose.
Thanks everyone for you answers. This makes sense to me except I mostly play MTT's. Who knows where you'd end up when they move you.

P

platiniumll

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Choosing your neighbours in MTT is impossible, but choosing your seat (I mean in the window) is almost possible and usefull if you're playing several tourneys or cash games at the same time... click or right click on the seat you wanna choose, or go in preferences lobby in your poker site

woody19

woody19

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ye you can normaly chose you're seat on most sites i no on stars fulltilt and carbon you can, so there is a lot of sites that allow you to chose where yo want to sit:)

Tom1559

Tom1559

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Where there is a choice I always sit in the same seat. Bottom of screen looking up.

greywind50

greywind50

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always sit in the same seat bottom just right of center....

R

rcbstuff

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sit across from the dealer, and that's just a preference. However, there are some key points that people have posted, especially the left/right rule as I call it. If you know the players at a table, then pick who you want on your left and right.

Now I don't know if that's the best seat at a table.

Status
Not open for further replies.