Choose One to build bankroll

srt27300

srt27300

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMO, SnG are quite easy to play, but you won't make your bankroll growing up quickly ... => At mid term, it is probably the best solution
MTT is like a long terme investment, it's clearly my favourite as they make me progressing a lot thanks to a wide range type of players ... => At long term, it's a surer solution (you can participate to many tournaments and accept to take more risks in the aim only to win one - or plus ;) )
CashGames : It's the most risky but quicker way to build a bankroll ... All you need to do is to take care of not loosing too much when on tilt ! And also not coming with a too limited stack in the aim you can earn a max in case of a really good hand ... ==> It is the best way on short term, but respecting some security margins is quite necessary (Only come on tables when you have at least 30~50 times more money than the one invested)

As I know I go on tilt sometimes, I prefer to play tourneys, sometimes 2 or 3 in parallel :)

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would pick full ring cash games for the most steady and consistant income.

I feel it has the least variance of the multiple choices of poker to play, so therefore its one of the best ways to build a bankroll.

B

billthebill

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I had to choose one, I would go with SnGs.

But there are really good opportunities in each category. It's just a matter of finding the right games. Hold Em isn't always the best bet.

chelooo

chelooo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cash games
That's what i'm doing right now it's
easier than SnG's
but i play them too ;)

D

dollabill315

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my game works for mtt's sng's, but i think to build a roll most people would choose cash games. just not for me thats all.

spranger

spranger

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
My favourite way to build a BR at first is on the 1/2 c ring games. Weakest play obviously becuase the blinds are tiny, but surely/slowly you can build up a bankroll really easily by just playing patient and punishing the fish.

TexasPokerStar

TexasPokerStar

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
building up my bankroll

Cash Ring Game if playing at Full Tilt... it's a relax way to build up your bankroll, don't have to worry about the blinds going up every so often... if you win one big pot an hour, your doing well...

Tournaments if playing on poker stars... there ring games suck... but there tournaments are really good... plus their random card shuffling system is a lot better, and reduces the Tilt effect... so see over at Full Tilt, where donkeys get lucky with the worst hands...

srt27300

srt27300

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
TexasPokerStar you mean that it is not fully randomly for cards to come ????
What you say is making me feel so bad !
For me, the algorithm for defining cards sequence as to be fully randomzing !
Someone can confirm ? I would really be interested in knowing more about that ... ?
I thought that, to fight against bad beats, the only way for sites was to offer you money when that happends (like an insurance when it is really a bad beat and not only at the first hand go to all in with KK, of course) !
What a bad feeling I have now against sites/poker rooms ! :(

sweetestdream

sweetestdream

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the double or nothing sng's at ps :) nice easy way to build your roll back up ( i withdrew my $$$ a while back and now starting over) ugh!:p

J

joeey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cash games is the way to go , i found them to be eazy and a good way to keep track of the cash cause if you win and lose ,its what you've put in versus what you've won so far i've lost all my sng's wins and i just find it a little eazier to keep track of.:eek:

HardTheJoker

HardTheJoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there is a good balance between the three venues. I would concentrate my efforts in cash games though. The blinds don't go up, and it's easier to make profit.

I am sure to dogear some money for bounty tournaments too.

C

CromMitra

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me i just prefer the cash games bacause i want the flexibility to re-buy if i'm in a chasing kind of mood and i can leave and find a new table whenever i want.never know how long i will feel like playing so i don't do trnys much though i don't mind them if my mind-set for that kind of game is there and i know i'll play for a few hours.you hear success stories in every form of game so i'd say go with the game you feel most comfortable or most enthusiastic about.if i had to choose one for myself tho it would be cash for sure,just feel i have a little more control of the conditions in that format.

GENUCOM

GENUCOM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SNGs because I'm more of a tournament player.
I don't really play much cash games. I did back at Party.
MTT takes too long and the start time doesn't really agree
with my schedule. With SNGs, I can start at anytime. mostly

left52side

left52side

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i wouls say sngs just because it is what i used to build my bankroll when i first started out online.

M

MaxxxW

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SNG is nice for the Startup as well as FPP buy-in MTT.

I Play $2.2 45 People SNG where 7 people get a ticket for another satelite valueable 11 T$ , so i sell the ticket.
Its really profitable , i dont like cashgame for building bankroll as its way more downswing catchable. If u dont get hands in a SNG u dont have to , as the other players kick theirself out over the time and u can play without good cards stealraising etc.

Its lots more tactic than just grinding cashgames

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management