Chips Flow Clockwise

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have you ever heard that at the poker table - chips flow clockwise?

In other words chips travel from one player to another but the receiving player is often to the right of the donating player.

Do you believe this is true?

Why would this happen?

Thanks.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Nah, sounds like a "made-up" urban legend for bored grinders. I've seen some crazy boards and bluffs but nothing of that nature. Saw a board the other day where two players were all in w/AA v AQ, and the board ran 10 10 A 10 10, and the guy w/the pkt aces was pissed as hell, obv. Prolly the sickest chopped pot I've ever seen. :sick:

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I understand the rules of poker correctly, chips most often flow from a weak to a stronger hand and luck doesn’t really care which side of you the potential donor is sitting on.🌗

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have heard Chip Flow Clockwise. I believe it would hold true for games with a dealer button. The chip flows to left since the player to left except for blinds will positional advantage

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
As mentioned, it is the power of position.

The money follows the button around.

RENEY444

RENEY444

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its been a well known theory for 25+ years . You guys are that far behind the times if you are just hearing it .

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well if the chips are flowing clockwise the receiving player will be to the left of the donating player and not to the right. So this is rather confusing for sure.

Poker Chips - History of Chips