Chip & a Chair

kaiWalk

kaiWalk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Forgive the narrative, but HH from Doyle's Room sucks. Doesn't even show opponents hole cards after an all in hand.

The blinds are 150/300, 5 people left in a $2.50 SnG. 20,000 chips in play and I have about 5,000.

In the BB I have Jh7h and the button (just under my stack) raises the min so I call hoping for a heart flop.

It comes out 5 6 8 rainbowed. I check, because he's been a relatively passive player & he makes a small continuation bet, which i call immediately.

Turn is a J, I bet half the pot & he calls.

River is a 7, giving me J's up. I put him on a small pr or AQ/AJ so I bet, he pushes & I call. He turns over J8 giving him (obviously) a better J's up.

I'm left with 262.50 in the sb.

My next hand is 43s and I figure suited connectors is the best i can hope for so I push.

The whole table limps, until it gets to the same guy & he now pushes, bossing everyone else out, & he turns over 44.

The board comes up A J 2 7 5. I have life again!!!!! (horrible beat)

Anyway, I catch AK, AK, AQ the next 3 hands, pushing each time & get called twice winning both.

Finished 2nd, winning $7.50.

I know I played the J7 wrong, focusing on what I could beat, instead of what could beat me, but DAMN it felt good to come back from not being able to complete the blind to cashing.