Cheong's quote and his play

IamRude

IamRude

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just been hunting on Google, Eastgate apparently paid $10k to enter. Cada was wearing Pokerstars gear in the pictures from the final table so can't have qualified through FTP :)

both Eastgate and Cada wore pokerstars at the final table.

Cada signed an $1,000,000 deal for making the final table and prior to the November 9.
I remember reading that PokerStars guarantees their sponsored players even more money when they win, but I can't find that article atm.

M

manofthehour

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He probably didnt mean it but sort of means it in the way that he doesnt want all the media coverage and appearances that come with winning the main event. It would probably affect his online play if he had all this media covering him.

T

ThunderPT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I remember Jamie Gold saying he'd rather be second too and we all know how it ended... They probably mean it, but in the end the money, if nothing else, speaks louder.

Nujabes

Nujabes

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's interesting because some of the runners up have gone on to have great results. Williams,Demidov, Lam and Wasicka for sure

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it's Racener instead of Duhamel in that spot with QQ, he folds.

Pothole

Pothole

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've heard some BS in my time, but never like some of the comments in this thread, and that includes Cheong's quote.

coolnout

coolnout

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nope I don't find it fishy. It was just a way of him saying he doesn't care about the fame, etc. and just wants to be a solid poker player. It just ended up happening the way it did.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
both Eastgate and Cada wore PokerStars at the final table.

Cada signed an $1,000,000 deal for making the final table and prior to the November 9.
I remember reading that PokerStars guarantees their sponsored players even more money when they win, but I can't find that article atm.

Nice!

Cada was backed for MainEvent last year. Backer was in the stands wearing yellow with the rest of the group there (hint, backer was the one giving him the biggest hugs!!)

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That solves that, they probably bought him in :)

...no, not necessarily. In fact it's highly unlikely that they bought him in. They will have just paid him a sum of money to wear their logo when they found out he was going to be on a TV table.

Interesting thing about Cheong and the coming second quote. Paul Wasicka has said that he doesn't actually regret coming second to Jamie Gold because he got to keep at least a little bit of his anonymity and there was less pressure. Less money, obviously, but on balance he's said he didn't mind.

Being OK with ending up in that spot and going in hoping / aiming for it to happen are two very different things though...

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When he said Ultimate Bet player I assumed that meant a pro before the tournament had started.