Is this cheating?

1pwn00b5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can't you use a translator site to figure out what was said? I don't think it's cheating because it would be too obvious to put it in the chat box..

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Durkobog said, "foldujem boju"

Looks like the language is Serbian (not 100% sure).

Actually, it's Croatian, which is similar to Serbian. There is a lot of slang in what they're typing, so it's hard to translate.

"imao sam" means - I'd.. I would.. I had.

"vidimo se" means - open your eyes

"sa 28 sam pao na 19 $" means - From 28 to 19
"ja imam 10" means - I do have 10

"dama" means Lady
"boji" means showdown

That's about all I can translate. I don't think they were colluding, though.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually, it's Croatian, which is similar to Serbian. There is a lot of slang in what they're typing, so it's hard to translate.

"imao sam" means - I'd.. I would.. I had.

"vidimo se" means - open your eyes

"sa 28 sam pao na 19 $" means - From 28 to 19
"ja imam 10" means - I do have 10

"dama" means Lady
"boji" means showdown

That's about all I can translate. I don't think they were colluding, though.

Ty for looking it up for me, and the rest of us

R

RAMARAIDER

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
To ease your mind, there was no wrong. The language is Croatian and the jist is " I'm not playing anymore I got screwed three times alreay so fold for god's sake and let's go." He is basically pissed off and wants to leave.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To ease your mind, there was no wrong. The language is Croatian and the jist is " I'm not playing anymore I got screwed three times alreay so fold for god's sake and let's go." He is basically pissed off and wants to leave.

ic, ty, I guess you speak the language yourslef, that's why you know what it meant, but thx once again

bdean1

bdean1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ya who knows i dont speak that stuff lol but ovs he is tables talking about something and table chat is english only if the guy he wa talking too wa hi buddy and he told him too fold cause he had AA then he can get in big trouble .
what?

bonflizubi

bonflizubi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WHenever I wonder about what people are saying, I hove rover their avatar to see what place it lists them from - ojn Pstars it should give you the country. You'd be able to get an idea thatway.

Agred with others that I will ask for english only and then report if they repeat since it violates their TOS

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Whenever I come across this I immediatly warn them by saying "English only please" and if it continues I immediatly contact the moderators, who come pretty quick and tell them the same thing "English only please".

WHenever I wonder about what people are saying, I hover over their avatar to see what place it lists them from - ojn Pokerstars it should give you the country. You'd be able to get an idea thatway.
That dosn't always work as you can edit it yourself and put whatever country you like.

J

josh_dei8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This type of scenario seems to happen more on PS than FT. I hate it. Call in the moderator because the rules clearly state english only.

K

kass_i3

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playing with your friends on the same table is not cheating for me... unless there is an obvious share of chips happen.. and they where pressuring one player or two...

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
********** # 19 **************
PokerStars Game #20642369956: Hold'em No Limit ($0.02/$0.05) - 2008/09/23 19:26:55 ET
Table 'Amaryllis IV' 9-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: Durkobog ($3.04 in chips)
Seat 2: shakpablo ($5.51 in chips)
Seat 3: rblue1 ($4.86 in chips)
Seat 4: koksik2008 ($6.23 in chips)
Seat 5: duedipicche ($10.36 in chips)
Seat 6: jordenx32 ($3.24 in chips)
Seat 7: abdi122 ($5.29 in chips)
Seat 8: SMOKEHOUSE2 ($6.02 in chips)
Seat 9: SvorenjM ($5.93 in chips)
jordenx32: posts small blind $0.02
abdi122: posts big blind $0.05
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to abdi122 [Ah Ad]
SMOKEHOUSE2: folds
SvorenjM: calls $0.05
Durkobog: calls $0.05
shakpablo: folds
rblue1: calls $0.05
shakpablo is sitting out
koksik2008: raises $0.10 to $0.15
duedipicche: folds
jordenx32: folds
SMOKEHOUSE2 is sitting out
abdi122: raises $0.40 to $0.55
SvorenjM: folds
Durkobog: folds
rblue1: folds
koksik2008: calls $0.40
*** FLOP *** [6d 9c 3d]
abdi122: bets $1
koksik2008: calls $1
*** TURN *** [6d 9c 3d] 5♦
abdi122: bets $3.74 and is all-in
koksik2008: calls $3.74
*** RIVER *** [6d 9c 3d 5d] Q♣
*** SHOW DOWN ***
abdi122: shows [Ah Ad] (a pair of Aces)
koksik2008: mucks hand
abdi122 collected $10.25 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $10.75 | Rake $0.50
Board [6d 9c 3d 5d Qc]
Seat 1: Durkobog folded before Flop
Seat 2: shakpablo folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: rblue1 folded before Flop
Seat 4: koksik2008 mucked [Jh Jd]
Seat 5: duedipicche (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: jordenx32 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 7: abdi122 (big blind) showed [Ah Ad] and won ($10.25) with a pair of Aces
Seat 8: SMOKEHOUSE2 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: SvorenjM folded before Flop

Now it's this hand, that got me really, curious, because the words, "FOLD", are clearly stated, and for some reason it doesn't show the rest of the message in the screen shot, but can't find it the history, the other guy went on to state, I him 3put him, and that's when the Durobog, dude, stated for the other guy to Fold?

Durkobog and SvorenjM both folded preflop, you do realise that don't you? They are the only 2 talking in Serbian from the hand histories you have posted.

M

mange

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cant See it.

I cant see how this could be thought of as cheating. But, they should be speaking only English.

If one wants to cheat by comunications there are lots of ways to interface with the other cheating parties involves, such as Hot mail, telelphone, etc.

Good luck

P

paumarhas

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i've just about read all of this stuff. and i was about to say something very rude, like thanks for wasting my time. but now i'm glad i finished. this is for a couple of reasons.
1) this has happened to me, but in tournies. i didn't know before that it was against the rules to speak other languages. but now i know.
2) it held my interest, especially when others started reporting back what they discovered, and showed interest.
3) and the fact that something we don't understand can be misunderstood and lead to distrust.
don't get me wrong, i'm not a bleeding heart. my sentiments are if you live in this country, USA. YOU SPEAK ENGLISH!! this comes from my grandfather who moved here from italy, saying to my grandmother and aunts, "your in US of america you speak english now." i realize these players don't live here, but would you be able to go on one of thier sites and speak english, it would be foreign to them and impolite.
in conclusion i'd like to add "GOOD LUCK ON THE FELT" everyone!! :D

AmatuerISwear

AmatuerISwear

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its aggravating, but not cheating. I use an online translator sometimes...just to see what they're talking about. LOL

U

uradonk406

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
oh yeah tats cheating lol ... was there soft play involved????......is there more to this???...how long you been playing????...usually helps to be more specific...

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know it's been translated already. But the fat that he said 'foldujem' or something after the river card came up and the 2 players we're already all in should've tipped you off that he wasn't giving advice to his buddy about the hand while it was being played.

If you didn't know what it meant already my best guess would've been "you should've folded"
:)

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know it's been translated already. But the fat that he said 'foldujem' or something after the river card came up and the 2 players we're already all in should've tipped you off that he wasn't giving advice to his buddy about the hand while it was being played.

If you didn't know what it meant already my best guess would've been "you should've folded"
:)

That's true, but the thing that got me all suspious was the fact that the foldem comment happend during the hand, and just cuz the other guy didn't seem to be speaking that language, trust me, that player also spoke that language, but the fact the remains, that this was all a figment of my imagination:D

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Send it to stars. Explain what happened and ask them if they were colluding. I doubt they are though. Isn't it kind of obvious that it's weird, and someone is bound to report it sooner or later for being non-english. Especially at those limits where the players are really testy and the English speaking players are probably going to be constantly fuming from getting raped.

Last edited:
bestoboth

bestoboth

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had that happen to me once (and yes it was on pokerstars too) and I felt bad, like I was being a jerk or something but asked them to speak english only and they complied quite readily (maybe I was lucky). But I am not sure if "english only" is the rule everywhere. If it is, the others are right... get a mod.

This has never happened to me anywhere else. (I play at FTP and Absolute as well).

signman85

signman85

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes I wonder if there might be cheating going on with the different langauges, but if their was you would hear more about it.

B

ButtonDog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can use Google and type "Online Translator" into the search feature and translate what they say from their language into English.

I, however, just send to to poker stars and let them decide.

Goodwooter

Goodwooter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as said above ...all you can do is call a mod to the table and they will help enforce the english only policy PS has

qwerrk

qwerrk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're paranoid, or alternatively it could be said, your paranoid behavior was unwarranted. TeamSpeak, Ventrilo, AOL, MSN, Yahoo all provide audio chat, instant communication, no different than being on a phone or notch it up a tad and use a web cam to broadcast/share hole cards; trying to cheat via lobby chat would indicate the cheaters were not terribly savvy, don't ya think?

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's true, but the thing that got me all suspious was the fact that the foldem comment happend during the hand, and just cuz the other guy didn't seem to be speaking that language, trust me, that player also spoke that language, but the fact the remains, that this was all a figment of my imagination:D

*** RIVER *** [6d 9c 3d 5d] Q♣
*** SHOW DOWN ***

According to your chatlog it was after the river :confused:

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're paranoid, or alternatively it could be said, your paranoid behavior was unwarranted. TeamSpeak, Ventrilo, AOL, MSN, Yahoo all provide audio chat, instant communication, no different than being on a phone or notch it up a tad and use a web cam to broadcast/share hole cards; trying to cheat via lobby chat would indicate the cheaters were not terribly savvy, don't ya think?

Also there are programs that allow other people to connect and see what you see on your desktop :)