Changing boundaries

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started to play poker when I was about 16 years old and I got excited and deposited several times and lost everything ... because I did not know how to play. I ended up getting away for a few years and started playing live exporadically and studied, got my first profits. Then I returned to play online only for fun without depositing only freerols playing very successful results that when I deposited ... But the question is: How to make a safe transition of limits? Both in banking and in field? How would you advise me? I have a big problem with the field because I got used to a weak freeroll field. Thank you in advance for your opinions.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Assuming:
- you win something in freerolls from time to time
- you don't want to deposit
- you want to be a winning player
Then:
Have a look at bank roll management here:
https://www.cardschat.com/poker-bankroll-management.php
In practice I allow for a learning curve (loss) when playing any new game type.
Example:
bank roll = 250$
Consider new MTT game of 2$
Learning curve: 15 games
bank roll after learning curve = 235$
buy-in of 2$ is > 0.5% of bank roll, not acceptable for me, so I continue.

Alternative MTT game is 1$, same evaluation as above shows 1$ < 0.5% of my bankroll, which I find acceptable, so I start to play (and pay for learning).

Last edited:
VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First make sure you are comfortable in increasing your investment,
Second place evaluate your game if you are over your current limit and prepared for this increase, both financially and mentally, and good luck.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
real

First make sure you are comfortable in increasing your investment,
Second place evaluate your game if you are over your current limit and prepared for this increase, both financially and mentally, and good luck.
And I'm really having trouble keeping up with the microlimits. You're right, I have to have a more comfortable bankroll to be able to better develop my game without the weight of management, thank you very much!

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Work you're way up the micro-stakes. Not going see to much difference in the field strength. As mentioned, if you're depositing, know BRM. Lot of the free rolls here have a pretty strong field. Good luck at the tables.