Cats and Poker

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yesterday I was playing poker online, a 9 max tournament(my favorite game). Four players left, one position shy of cash and I was in third. The short stack went all in and as I was moving the curser over to fold, my cat walked across my keyboard with the cursor too close to the call button. lost 80% of my chips and ended up knocked out a few plays later. The cat is no longer with us, just kidding, it is an awesome cat. FOR NOW.

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What bad luck friend. I also have 2 cats but I don't let them on my pc for things like that. But sometimes when I'm playing from my cell phone and I put it in my pocket for a second, more than once I inadvertently call a hand. But hey, it's all anecdotes.

W

whitetailbuck10

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Just another reason to not have a cat...... Nah just kidding. That hurts for sure.
There are so many things that can go wrong with virtual poker. Yesterday I was in a tournament with no antes. Pocket QQ come up and I am up against an aggressive guy, knowing he will bet post flop. I am slow playing, making it look like I am uncertain and my time runs out and auto folds. Didn't even go into my time bank because I had no money invested yet. Needless to say I went and changed that setting RIGHT AWAY.

katifanko

katifanko

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have a good cat, she doesn't interfere. My husband on the other hand... grrrr
Lost some good hands because of him!

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My cat also sometimes comes into my arms on his own, but he has not yet walked on the table. I don't let the cat jump on the tables.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You are not playing alone, you have an assistant, it seems that this is forbidden by the rules :D:D:D

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My computer is off to the side as I am hooked to a large screen TV, so I did not see the cat going for the computer. I have 3 cats and only one goes near the computer. It was a good laugh.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good strategy, bad execution, it happens to the best of us.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Keep the cat, get ride of the husband hahahahaha.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This cat is new, walked into the house two weeks ago and went to sleep on the couch. She has a collar with a bell on it, so some ones owns it, not sure who.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, she is not registered on the poker site and beside she only gives bad advice. LOL

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yesterday I was playing poker online, a 9 max tournament(my favorite game). Four players left, one position shy of cash and I was in third. The short stack went all in and as I was moving the curser over to fold, my cat walked across my keyboard with the cursor too close to the call button. lost 80% of my chips and ended up knocked out a few plays later. The cat is no longer with us, just kidding, it is an awesome cat. FOR NOW.
hurts for a minute but we just move on to the next one :)
my cat knows how to play poker and doesn't make those mistakes :p
Just another reason to not have a cat...... Nah just kidding. That hurts for sure.
There are so many things that can go wrong with virtual poker. Yesterday I was in a tournament with no antes. Pocket QQ come up and I am up against an aggressive guy, knowing he will bet post flop. I am slow playing, making it look like I am uncertain and my time runs out and auto folds. Didn't even go into my time bank because I had no money invested yet. Needless to say I went and changed that setting RIGHT AWAY.
you don't slow play by running the clock down, you do it by flatting and letting him make his move.
you give him too much credit for paying attention :)
I have a good cat, she doesn't interfere. My husband on the other hand... grrrr
Lost some good hands because of him!
make sure to give him a list of chores when you are ready to play and he will avoid you like the plague ;)

katifanko

katifanko

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
hurts for a minute but we just move on to the next one :)
my cat knows how to play poker and doesn't make those mistakes :p

you don't slow play by running the clock down, you do it by flatting and letting him make his move.
you give him too much credit for paying attention :)

make sure to give him a list of chores when you are ready to play and he will avoid you like the plague ;)
I will try that LOL

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Your cat has made a bad decision, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have potential. For starters, try to explain to him that he needs to be more patient and disciplined. :)
Good luck.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi Friend.

I love my cat, it would be impossible for me to get mad at her for something like that. :D

J

johnsonmad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My cat likes to clear things off tables and desks. But I can’t get mad at him.

Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have a hamster. But he is not interested in poker. He prefers nuts and seeds. :)

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

These accidental clicks are chaos lol.

But keep the cat well lol.