XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hello Jason,

My quesion:

How important do u think will help u to improve your thinking level and poker skills by discussing with a friend [who is higher level than you]

How less important do u think will help u to improve your thinking level and poker skills by watching bad play [which u don't really noticed]?

thank you?

T

Tom102

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Jason,

When did you realize what your favorite game type was and when did you find out that poker was for you?

Thanks

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Another question from me:

What, if any, sort of mental and physical preparation do you do before you play a tournament?

P

postflopper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What'd you do away from the tables to stay sane? Work out, bet on sports (lol), drink etc.?

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What brand of sneakers/tennis shoes do you find best for a day of live multi-tabling ?
:D

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are the main leaks NLHE Cash players have in their MTT game?
How would they be best patching up these leaks for live events without actually switching to MTTs?
Thanks

Michael Paler

Michael Paler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello Jason, and thanks so much for being with us!

My question is this; how do you react to or change your play to account for: a level where you have not been able to increase your stack much, then the level goes up, effectively cutting the number of big blinds you have in half? (Ie; it's at 150/300, you have 50 big blinds, then it's 300/600, and now you only have 25)

Thanks so much for your time, and good luck at the tables!

J

Jason Mercier

Team Pokerstars Pro
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Jason, thank you so much for taking the time to allow us to pick your brain a bit.

My questions are about live tournament play.

I have had some success playing the local sanctioned/ranked NLHE series in the $110-$220 range but I seem to have much better/more consistent cashes in the $330-$1k events.

I realize its a tough question, not knowing my game, but why do you think one might fair better in slightly larger BIs?

My second question is about how the game is constantly changing.

Most recently, I find many very aggressive players like to 3bet, 4bet, 5bet, 6bet… with nominal hands and only adding a BB or 2 with each raise. They like to duel it out as if to see who will blink first.

Personally I prefer a 1/3 - 2/3 pot raise depending on relevant factors.

What do you think about these new methods of multi-raising and what other notable changes to tournament play have you seen of late?

Thanks again,

Chris in Reno

:shakehand

I would guess that you are beating the smaller buyin fields because they are simply easier fields. The bigger buyins, while its very likely that you are running bad in these, could just be much tougher events for where you are at skill wise. Again, you could just be running bad.

As far as the "click it back" 3 4 5 6 betting going on, it mostly stems from online evolution of the game... I find it silly alot, but it works for some.

J

Jason Mercier

Team Pokerstars Pro
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hello Jason

Do u have any tips to over come the mental hurdle of "During the tournament, afraid of call all in or shove all in by marginal hands especially during the late stage of the high buyin tournament" ?

And what is your idea/own experience to transfer from Holdem to omaha, or add different kinds of poker game to your poker career?

thank you and good luck for this years WSOP!

The mental hurdle can only be conquered through experience... the more you play, the easier it gets.

Just like the mental hurdle, it takes time, experience, of playing, practicing, and studying the game(s) that you are trying to learn.

J

Jason Mercier

Team Pokerstars Pro
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you Jason, for your time, my question is:

You was studying to be a math teacher before becoming a professional poker player, these mathematical studies influence your current style of playing poker?

the mathematical studies that i did from the time i was 3 years old until 20... contributed to the development of my poker mind. I play how I feel is optimal given the situation.

kissapig

kissapig

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How much do you have out there on your 3 to 1 bracelet bet?

Danilo

Danilo

5am Club
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the mathematical studies that i did from the time i was 3 years old until 20... contributed to the development of my poker mind. I play how I feel is optimal given the situation.

Thanks for your reply :)

L

Loki

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jason, how did you start off becoming a poker pro? Did you start studying the game a lot, or playing consistently? Maybe you scheduled yourself to play 3 days of the week and the rest of the time you talked to your friends about the tactics you use... any info of that sort would he helpful.