CardsChat Hurricane Harvey Charity Event

MoryMorte

MoryMorte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just saw this. I didn't have a PS account but wanted to appreciate the effort. Classy move [emoji1362]

nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Awesome choice for the donation and congrats to bryan on the win and everyone who made this possible! Especially Debi for the awesome idea! We are such a great community and this money will definitely go to good use! Cheers all!!

+1 Couldn't say this any better!

crimsonblur

crimsonblur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great idea, nice to see people helping others.

B

Brandom1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Awesome choice for the donation and congrats to bryan on the win and everyone who made this possible! Especially Debi for the awesome idea! We are such a great community and this money will definitely go to good use! Cheers all!!
As stated before I couldn't be prouder to know that this community is so awesome. Sorry I haven't been on much still trying to get things somewhat back to normal around here. My kids have certainly enjoyed being out of school this long PAISD doesn't start until Sept 18th. So they certainly had an extremely long summer this year. Again thank you all for pitching in!!:D

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As stated before I couldn't be prouder to know that this community is so awesome. Sorry I haven't been on much still trying to get things somewhat back to normal around here. My kids have certainly enjoyed being out of school this long PAISD doesn't start until Sept 18th. So they certainly had an extremely long summer this year. Again thank you all for pitching in!!:D

:):):):):)

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This alone should show us all, CardsChat is not just another poker forum!

Thanks to Debi for organizing and sending the donation to the Houston Humane Society!

Cheers!

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Just catching up on this thread. I am so proud of you guys! This is so great! And congrats to Bryan!

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are you serious ?? well....there's been quite some disasters in many countries and I think I donated my fair share to countries/people who needed it.

For this....hell no.....not one single penny of mine will go there....
USA should have enough to take care of that......
So , no thank you.......

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Are you serious ?? well....there's been quite some disasters in many countries and I think I donated my fair share to countries/people who needed it.

So , no thank you.......
Wow, what a crappy thing to say. Thanks for the insight.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips

So , no thank you.......

Yep - because nobody is suffering or in need of assistance anywhere in the US. :eek:

Where do you get that notion? Fortunately there have been a lot of compassionate people who feel differently than you do.

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

So , no thank you.......

the only think I know is If your country- Netherland suffer from hurricane or flood or even worse sub -merge under sea one day.

you will beg for help, the more the better. and you will hate to see words like yours. :p:p:p

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
New donations;

XXPXXP - $10
PokerPete - $15
icnbe56 - $5

Total - $30

I will make this donation this weekend!

J

jasonlh21

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is awsome guys keep up the great work

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the only think I know is If your country- Netherland suffer from hurricane or flood or even worse sub -merge under sea one day.

you will beg for help, the more the better. and you will hate to see words like yours. :p:p:p

The sea is like my backyard almost please not yet.

I think timing and choose of words sounded bit cruel from Ron there.
IMO people are people and when they are in need of help and if you can help them, you must try and here it shouldnt matter what background etnicity or religion you have, although I only did donate a measily amount (thanks for the reminder Lidija) :p, I think what Ron means we should always look out for anyone in need , wherever they live and thats obv not the case. I think we are even obligated to keep helping everyone and teach this to our children as well. We are all equal.

I think most of us also would agree that lots of money spilled on wars by our governments ,can better be used on helping every single human being or even animal nature, proper education healthcare and elders.

Just maybe we should look out give attention to places that need help as well but arent in the media that often. We are a community that links whole world together also :)

Last edited:
Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
New donations;

XXPXXP - $10
PokerPete - $15
icnbe56 - $5
dakota-xx - $10

Total - $40

I chose this organization:

fd70a6515592e789cc5635df832d8cac.png

https://gyazo.com/fd70a6515592e789cc5635df832d8cac

(that is my private account details blocked out)